Author Topic: Smokers Pit in Ocean City, MD  (Read 18411 times)

Offline Ericd3043

Smokers Pit in Ocean City, MD
« Reply #-1 on: September 05, 2016, 10:29:54 PM »

This is a place that my wife and I went to a couple of years on vacation.  We thought it was really good and planned on going back during vacation this year.  The prices were pretty good and the BBQ was excellent.

Our expectations were high going back and we stopped there to eat on our first night with the kids.

I got the fried Cajun catfish.  It was pretty good - decent size, not greasy but not really a BBQ type food.  I had planned to go back a second time and remembered this as it tasted.

My wife and daughter both got the pulled pork sandwich.  They both liked the taste and the meat was tender and juicy.  They told me that the sauce was a little sweet but went well with the meat.  My other daughters got the Mac and Cheese/ chicken tenders - nothing spectacular.

I will warn you - the BBQ was not all I remembered.  I took a taste of the sauce and it tasted like.... nothing.  I tried it a few times and was shocked to not get any particular taste at all.  If I took a large bite of meat and sauce, I got sweet and tomato- that was it.  Otherwise, there was nothing really there.

Maybe it is because I expect more from my BBQ and the fact I have learned - but this is catering to the masses.  The basic sauce is very generic.  You can get other sauces but the one that they tout is the Red Sauce.

We did not go back again during the trip.  We may go the next time we are in Ocean City - but probably for breakfast or lunch.