Author Topic: "SWINE DINING," new bbq joint in northern NH  (Read 14293 times)

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
"SWINE DINING," new bbq joint in northern NH
« Reply #-1 on: May 12, 2018, 07:28:59 AM »
If you grew up in the south and then transplanted into New England late in your adult life you will find the harsh reality that bbq, in general, sucks up here.  So, when I found out that a bbq food truck guy bought the closed down Pizza Hut to open a bbq restaurant in my tiny little city I was hit with excitement and trepidation. They are currently still in the renovation process and will hopefully open up at the beginning of June. A week or two ago they, and the Chamber of Commerce, put out some Facebook posts that they will be operating out of their food truck until the brick and mortar location is finished.

So I naturally had to go and see what this place was about. From their name and menu, they are all about the oink. I prefer the moo and gobble personally. But I gave them a fair chance. I got their pulled pork sandwich with no sauce (I like spicy and they only had sweet) and a couple bones of their ribs. They only do dry rub on their ribs. Those where some of the best darn (pg) ribs I have ever had. Regardless of no sauce. The flavors were outstanding. As far as the pulled pork, it was really good. They didn't really spend enough time shredding as there were tons of huge pieces in all of our sandwiches. But it was moist and delicious.

I will definitely be going back to this place. I hope they can bring down their costs however.  $28 for a whole rack a ribs. One, because I'll go broke ordering them all the time; and two, the local economy is the poorest in New Hampshire and they probably will not be able to support those prices. I was also going to ask the guy what rig he plans on using in the restaurant when I notice he has one of the huge Myron Mixon water smokers in the back of a food truck.  Those are 20k to 40k a unit.

https://www.facebook.com/RoadHawgBbqSwineDining/
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Cook-Air Little Red Corvette
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Classic Weber Kettle
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: "SWINE DINING," new bbq joint in northern NH
« on: May 12, 2018, 01:51:33 PM »
If you grew up in the south and then transplanted into New England late in your adult life you will find the harsh reality that bbq, in general, sucks up here.  So, when I found out that a bbq food truck guy bought the closed down Pizza Hut to open a bbq restaurant in my tiny little city I was hit with excitement and trepidation. They are currently still in the renovation process and will hopefully open up at the beginning of June. A week or two ago they, and the Chamber of Commerce, put out some Facebook posts that they will be operating out of their food truck until the brick and mortar location is finished.

So I naturally had to go and see what this place was about. From their name and menu, they are all about the oink. I prefer the moo and gobble personally. But I gave them a fair chance. I got their pulled pork sandwich with no sauce (I like spicy and they only had sweet) and a couple bones of their ribs. They only do dry rub on their ribs. Those where some of the best darn (pg) ribs I have ever had. Regardless of no sauce. The flavors were outstanding. As far as the pulled pork, it was really good. They didn't really spend enough time shredding as there were tons of huge pieces in all of our sandwiches. But it was moist and delicious.

I will definitely be going back to this place. I hope they can bring down their costs however.  $28 for a whole rack a ribs. One, because I'll go broke ordering them all the time; and two, the local economy is the poorest in New Hampshire and they probably will not be able to support those prices. I was also going to ask the guy what rig he plans on using in the restaurant when I notice he has one of the huge Myron Mixon water smokers in the back of a food truck.  Those are 20k to 40k a unit.

https://www.facebook.com/RoadHawgBbqSwineDining/

Sounds like a great place......but your whole post is out of my budget from the ribs to the Myron unit lol.  I like the ribs with sauce too.   Enjoy
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill