Author Topic: Blackstone 36" 4 burner griddle for $199 with free bonus (Memorial day sale)  (Read 14125 times)

Offline DWard51

OK, before you start throwing stuff at me, this is a Memorial Day sale from Dick's.  Now there is no way in hell I'm giving them a dime of my money, but there is more than one way to take advantage of this price.

Dick's has the 4 burner 36" Blackstone griddle for $199 in their Memorial Day sale flyer.  It is in stock at nearly all of my local stores.  They are also including the Blackstone "Breakfast Kit" for free with the purchase of the 36" griddle.  You have to add both items to cart and you will get the kit for free (so it's not a pre-bundled Dick's only type of box deal). Kit includes a bacon press, 2 egg rings, and a batter dispenser.

The good news.  Home Depot carries both the 36" Blackstone and the Breakfast Kit.  None of the local stores around me carry the breakfast kit, but it is in stock online.  So use their online price match to order both (and since the Dick's price includes free shipping, so does the HD price match).  Then you can get the exact same deal from Home Depot and tell Dick's you still think they are "#1" as in give them "that 1 finger"......

The $199 deal is on page 6 of my local Dick's Memorial Day sale flyer.  $199 price is good through June 2nd.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/s/weekly-ad

Dick's website also show the special pricing:

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/f/blackstone-gwp-deals#bazaarRating:&facet:&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:5&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&facetCategoryId:&fPrevCatId:&

I have the Blackstone 28" which I bought from Walmart for the $99 deal last year, but I really think the extra BTU output of the 36" is valuable.  The 28" has 2 burners for 34,000 BTU total and the 36" has 4 burners for 60,000 BTU total.  The 28" has 2 "H" burners so that 17k BTU per burner is spread over a larger area also where the 36" burners are straight stick burners concentrating their 15k BTU per burner in a smaller area.   I'm seriously considering the upgrade and giving the 28" to my daughter and her husband.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 02:15:32 PM by DWard51 »

Offline Lantern

Offline Pappymn

Nice work. I like my 36

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline DWard51

One thing I did notice this evening is it appears the 36" in some of the Dick's photos are the new model with the grease drain in the center of the rear of the griddle top.  The front edge of the new model is also enclosed by a side and there is no channel like in the model we have been seeing for years (and like on the 28" also).   I've not read any reviews on how well this rear slot drain works, but it does not look to have an extension that can be modified like many have done with the prior grease channel and "drain".  I'm not 100% sure which model Dicks has nor Home Depot (especially the online price match to get the breakfast kit as both will be shipped from their online fulfillment group which is not the same as their retail group).

I'm seriously thinking of upgrading from the 28" to the 36" and wish I knew more about the new drain and how well it worked.

The new rear grease drain can be seen at about the 1:10 mark in this youtube video.  After watching the video, I sort of like the front being enclosed and that drain.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 11:43:22 PM by DWard51 »