Author Topic: THERMAPEN --$59  (Read 14241 times)

Offline GusRobin

• Test
THERMAPEN --$59
« Reply #-1 on: May 26, 2018, 01:24:57 PM »
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
Re: THERMAPEN --$59
« on: May 27, 2018, 08:28:53 AM »
Is it worth getting the classic on discount versus the newer version?  What is the difference between the two?  I have a Thermopop and am pleased with it so far.
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Cook-Air Little Red Corvette
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Classic Weber Kettle
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer

Offline rwalters

THERMAPEN --$59
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 10:52:59 AM »
Is it worth getting the classic on discount versus the newer version?  What is the difference between the two?  I have a Thermopop and am pleased with it so far.
I have the classic... have had it for years. If it were to die on me, no doubt in my mind I’d go with the Mk4 model. I would love to have the lit display, especially when cooking in the winter and it gets dark outside so early.  I figure that for as long as a Thermapen lasts, what’s an extra $30 or so spent on the “nicer” version.
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 11:03:05 AM »
I have the classic... have had it for years. If it were to die on me, no doubt in my mind I’d go with the Mk4 model. I would love to have the lit display, especially when cooking in the winter and it gets dark outside so early.  I figure that for as long as a Thermapen lasts, what’s an extra $30 or so spent on the “nicer” version.

You had me at hello. I'm sold now.  It getting pitch black at 3pm drives me crazy up here. Especially when every store and restaurant pretty much closes at 4 or 5 because of it.
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Classic Weber Kettle

Offline rwalters

THERMAPEN --$59
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 11:07:26 AM »

You had me at hello. I'm sold now.  It getting pitch black at 3pm drives me crazy up here. Especially when every store and restaurant pretty much closes at 4 or 5 because of it.
Dark at 3pm... oh heck no!  I am not normally a depressed person, but that may very well push me into a depression :(
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 11:14:18 AM »

Dark at 3pm... oh heck no!  I am not normally a depressed person, but that may very well push me into a depression :(

I came from Florida where it was flat and close to the equator. I move up to northern NH in the White Mountains region on January 1st of 2015. The mountains combined with the distance from the equator makes it get dark so early. I flew up in November to look for a house before the move. We landed around 3 and it was darn near black outside. Making the 2 hour drive up from Manchester was horrible. My body felt like it was 2 in the morning. Tough to stay awake. Its okay now that I progress through winter up here. But to jump right into the middle of it is pretty bad.
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Classic Weber Kettle

Offline rwalters

THERMAPEN --$59
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 11:23:59 AM »

I came from Florida where it was flat and close to the equator. I move up to northern NH in the White Mountains region on January 1st of 2015. The mountains combined with the distance from the equator makes it get dark so early. I flew up in November to look for a house before the move. We landed around 3 and it was darn near black outside. Making the 2 hour drive up from Manchester was horrible. My body felt like it was 2 in the morning. Tough to stay awake. Its okay now that I progress through winter up here. But to jump right into the middle of it is pretty bad.
And I thought 5:30ish was to early to be dark in the winter. Guess I should stop whining ;)