Author Topic: Chili  (Read 6013 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Chili
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 11:32:50 PM »
Read both your last two post David and amazing. My wife pulled my arm back as i was grabbing the coco powder out of the cupboard when making my chili. But it needed it ;)

lol - you do need to try it (in private...  ;) ) But I can't tell you how much, so start small and taste your way up....

Good luck!

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Chili
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2013, 01:11:15 AM »
To me, chili is one of the best meals to cook. Unless you are silly with the heat (fire) you almost can't overcook it. It will let you experiment and play with flavors if you are willing to be careful and slow. Start with the basics - meat and heat. Think about the gravy or sauce... now think about how you'll keep the flavors distinct. And after a bit you can think about how you make it yours... At least that's how I see chili - I've never been in a competition and I live about as far from Texas as a guy can get. I don't worry about what should or shouldn't be in there... I just want something my family will enjoy.

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #