Author Topic: One year with the XL AIr Fryer 5.3 qt  (Read 13828 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
One year with the XL AIr Fryer 5.3 qt
« Reply #-1 on: January 04, 2019, 09:22:41 AM »
One year with the XL Air Fryer 5.3 qt

WOW, its been a year since I bought the XL Air Fryer and it's still going strong!

To date I have cooked sausage, burgers, pizza, calzons, biscuits, breads, cheese sticks, breaded steaks, onion rings and sooooooooo much more!

Now, going into buying it I did my research an knew what the strong and weak points were and yet it's held up just about perfect other than the nonstick ain't really all that nonstick anymore

But with the mods, the silicone for the basket to keep it from moving, the wire grates to help with getting the food off the bottom for better browning and the spacers to help the handle out so not to break early on
I have to say it's been a great way to cook and not having to use the larger oven to cook, reheat food.  Heck the power savings alone paid for the unit in a year I'm sure.

We took it on our vacation to the beach where we had some dang good eats!   Love the size and portability of it.. 

Would I buy another one YES, but Tom has the newest unit and it looks like addressed many of the concerns with the updated unit.

I do feel it will go another year at least and I can't see getting rid of it anytime soon. 

YES, it has it's short comings like a lot of cookers and yes the build quilt is not the best but for what I paid and the time and money I saved not having to use the big oven in the house has more than paid for it.

I'm very happy with it and so is Kimmie.   
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Jaxon

Re: One year with the XL AIr Fryer 5.3 qt
« on: January 04, 2019, 10:16:45 AM »
This made me think about ours...go it in January last year when Tim posted about it being on sale 1/2 price at Macy's.  A NuWave 12 qt with a 9X9 inch basket and rotisserie option.  Although we don't use it as much as you do, we are still very happy with it.  We were very resistant for awhile until we started reading all the good posts here.  It has been a good cooker for us and I'm glad we got it.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline DWard51

Re: One year with the XL AIr Fryer 5.3 qt
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 12:09:11 PM »
I dipped my toes into the little end of the air fryer pond last year when I bought one of the smaller units at JC Penney for $25.  I love that thing!   I just bought the Power Air Fryer Elite Oven from QVC on a holiday special, but I use the little one so often, the big oven is still sitting in the box  ;D

I need to break it out and start using it.  I was going to move the little one to the travel trailer for use on the road.