Author Topic: Chick-Fil-A burgers?  (Read 6777 times)

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
Re: Chick-Fil-A burgers?
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2021, 05:08:13 AM »
I need a good pickle recipe.  Please share when you get a chance!

After years of trying to perfect the perfect dill pickle recipe, I came across this producer of packaged ingredients. All you need to add is vinegar and dill. My grandkids and other adults have gone nuts over them for years, eating quart jars at a time. All of the ingredients are natural, nothing artificial. They have kosher and regular dill(to my knowledge the only difference between kosher style and regular is the garlic in the kosher style), bread and butter and sweet pickles and relish. They also have ingredient packs for salsa-mild, medium and hot, spaghetti sauce (you just add the tomatoes), and a whole line dips, etc. You could make up a pack of the dill pickle mix minus the cukes, and you'd have your pickle juice marinade.

Name or link?

I'm so sorry akruckus, and my apologies to others that might be interested also.  I forgot to include the name and link even while I was looking at it, while typing this morning. https://www.mrswages.com .  Their products are also available at many retailers, Ace Hardware and Do-It Center(hardware) locally in my area, online many places, etc. One I've purchased from with decent prices... www.soupsonline.com. As with most, the official website prices are higher to protect those that sell their products, but if anyone is interested in their products, you can see what they have available on their site.

Thanks so much!

sounds good I do like pickles............................onions, cheese, relish, ketchup, mayo, salt, pepper, mushrooms & potato chips on top of my burgers.  Ok I am a pig. I will try this one as it keeps the stack lower.

Homemade or store bought pickles. & what kind Tommy?

This is a must try for me
This was just a test and used a cheap store bought juice.  Kimmie's mom has a killer recipe for pickles and I'm going to mix up some of that for the next try

Just curious, do you go with the darker green juice (Mt. Olive)?  I've found that for fried pickles, I like the lighter Claussen style.

BD

I'm a Claussen man myself
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2021, 07:57:19 AM »
I do have my mother in-laws recipe which is good BUT if you don't care for dill type pickles you will not like it, very strong but I LOVE IT

I'll post it as soon as I get Kimmie to translate all the lines  :D 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2021, 10:20:41 AM »
I need a good pickle recipe.  Please share when you get a chance!

After years of trying to perfect the perfect dill pickle recipe, I came across this producer of packaged ingredients. All you need to add is vinegar and dill. My grandkids and other adults have gone nuts over them for years, eating quart jars at a time. All of the ingredients are natural, nothing artificial. They have kosher and regular dill(to my knowledge the only difference between kosher style and regular is the garlic in the kosher style), bread and butter and sweet pickles and relish. They also have ingredient packs for salsa-mild, medium and hot, spaghetti sauce (you just add the tomatoes), and a whole line dips, etc. You could make up a pack of the dill pickle mix minus the cukes, and you'd have your pickle juice marinade.

Name or link?

I'm so sorry akruckus, and my apologies to others that might be interested also.  I forgot to include the name and link even while I was looking at it, while typing this morning. https://www.mrswages.com .  Their products are also available at many retailers, Ace Hardware and Do-It Center(hardware) locally in my area, online many places, etc. One I've purchased from with decent prices... www.soupsonline.com. As with most, the official website prices are higher to protect those that sell their products, but if anyone is interested in their products, you can see what they have available on their site.

Thanks so much!

sounds good I do like pickles............................onions, cheese, relish, ketchup, mayo, salt, pepper, mushrooms & potato chips on top of my burgers.  Ok I am a pig. I will try this one as it keeps the stack lower.

Homemade or store bought pickles. & what kind Tommy?

This is a must try for me
This was just a test and used a cheap store bought juice.  Kimmie's mom has a killer recipe for pickles and I'm going to mix up some of that for the next try

Just curious, do you go with the darker green juice (Mt. Olive)?  I've found that for fried pickles, I like the lighter Claussen style.

BD

I'm a Claussen man myself

Mrs. Wages also has  refrigerator pickle packs in both dill and bread and butter. The dill is pretty close to Claussen.

Offline GG-STL

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2021, 11:18:38 AM »
You guys always have GREAT IDEAS.
I am a dill pickle guy but I gave these Nathan's Gourmet Sweet Horseradish Pickles a try. https://nathansfamous.com/products/pickles/sweet-horseradish-pickles/ They are different from any other pickles. I have used the juice to pickle onions and radishes and they come out really great.
GG-STL

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2021, 10:09:30 PM »
You guys always have GREAT IDEAS.
I am a dill pickle guy but I gave these Nathan's Gourmet Sweet Horseradish Pickles a try. https://nathansfamous.com/products/pickles/sweet-horseradish-pickles/ They are different from any other pickles. I have used the juice to pickle onions and radishes and they come out really great.

I also use the left over pickle juice to make pickled eggs They're killer in egg salad and potato salad. I do a lot of canning, including spiced, pickled beets. The beet juice puts a burgundy ring around the outer edge of the eggs, and sliced hard boiled eggs pickled in beet juice are quite eye pleasing.

Offline Lines

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2021, 10:51:43 AM »
Thanks Salmonsmoker. Mrs. Wages also has a very good salsa mix.

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2021, 02:17:58 PM »
Thanks Salmonsmoker. Mrs. Wages also has a very good salsa mix.

Every one of their mixes that I've tried so far, have not disappointed.

Offline Lines

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2021, 03:16:11 PM »
Agreed!

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2021, 08:44:19 AM »
Great post, thanks for all the comments.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.