Welcome Center > Announcements

Happy 76th Birthday KaHanu - The Turtle

(1/3) > >>

IR2dum:
Well, I guess it took you a few extra days to gain the knowledge that "old age" bestows on us as Jaxon and I have all ready experienced. Happy Birthday, Turtle! Take it easy on your celebrations today...you're not as young as you used to be.  Note to SWMBO - be gentle with him today. He can't handle it like he did when he was younger. By the way, I'm giving you the same Birthday present I gave you last year.

On a more serious note, you really are "young at heart" and deserve all the accolades for getting to be another year older. I hope that you have a great Birthday with many more celebrations to come. Happy Birthday! See you soon.

TMB:
Happy birthday Big Guy !!!!     Looking forward to seeing you in May and everyone

HighOnSmoke:
Happy Birthday Turtle!

old sarge:
Happy birthday Turtle and may you have many more.

Ka Honu:
Thank you all. It was a great birthday and I learned stuff and enjoyed the day:

1. I found out I'm still alive and that IR2dum speaks Hawaiian. I know this because his original post calls me "Ka Hanu" instead of "Ka Honu." In Hawaiian, Ka Honu is "the turtle" while Ka Hanu is "the breath" or "one who breathes." Appropriate for the day and good to know.

2. I learned you aren't supposed to wear your birthday suit when you go out on your birthday. Don't ask how I found this out (but it seems counterintuitive).

3. SWMBO made her famous brownies. Best birthday cake ever.

4. I loafed about all day - pretty much like I do everyday but I didn't feel guilty like I do occasionally (and SWMBO didn't scold me even once for being lazy).

5. We went out to dinner at what may be my favorite restaurant in Honolulu. Snails, pâté, lobster, duck, and crème brûlée. All excellent and enough leftovers for tomorrow.

6. The Oilers won.

And that's all I know. Aloha all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version