Author Topic: Memorial Day Discount! Thank you Men and Women in the Military!  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Sam3

Awesome idea.
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Memorial Day Discount! Thank you Men and Women in the Military!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »
Great price.  I don't necessarily need one, but I still want one (I think it is the fact that it comes assembled that makes me want one).  ;)
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Hub

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 02:14:43 PM »
. . .  (I think it is the fact that it comes assembled that makes me want one).  ;)

Great point, s_b ;D

Come to think of it, my PBC is likely the only thing I've bought in years that didn't require a tool kit, first aid kit, and several trips to the hardware store to get working. 

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 03:02:40 PM »
That is one fantastic deal! Anyone considering getting one now is the time ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 01:41:10 PM »
Is PBC going to offer this special again this Memorial Day?  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 03:40:46 PM »
That is one fantastic deal! Anyone considering getting one now is the time ;)
kewl! Awaiting the call back from em.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline spuds

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 03:50:12 PM »
OH crap! This is a year old post,didnt see that!
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 05:01:58 PM »

Yeah, that's why I asked if they are going to offer the deal again this year.   ;)
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 06:09:03 PM »
For your info, if you did not already know it, Lowes offers a 10% discount to all vets on Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and the 4th.  All you have to do is show your DD214.  Lowes offers the same discount every day for active military.  Home Depot does not offer this discount to my knowledge.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 06:38:55 PM »
For your info, if you did not already know it, Lowes offers a 10% discount to all vets on Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and the 4th.  All you have to do is show your DD214.  Lowes offers the same discount every day for active military.  Home Depot does not offer this discount to my knowledge.

Home Depot in our area gives retired and active duty a 10% discount. All you need to do is show your retired or active military ID card. Lowe's
also gives the 10 % to retired military every day.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline spuds

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 07:34:50 PM »

Yeah, that's why I asked if they are going to offer the deal again this year. ;

Didnt read thread,immediately called in an order from first post,no time to waste....welll,can see how THAT turned out,LOL!

Spoke to Noah,nice fella,current price is 289.00,free fed ex shipping.Ordered mine off the website.No memorial sale.

He currently has a 500 order backlog and todays order will ship second week of June.

Oh,the previous sale was when they were associated with Kingsford I think he said,and they are no longer affiliated with them.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 07:43:47 PM by spuds »

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 08:10:45 PM »

Yeah, that's why I asked if they are going to offer the deal again this year. ;

Didnt read thread,immediately called in an order from first post,no time to waste....welll,can see how THAT turned out,LOL!

Spoke to Noah,nice fella,current price is 289.00,free fed ex shipping.Ordered mine off the website.No memorial sale.

He currently has a 500 order backlog and todays order will ship second week of June.

Oh,the previous sale was when they were associated with Kingsford I think he said,and they are no longer affiliated with them.

Thanks for the update, I was hoping to get one by Memorial Day weekend. Guess I'll have to choose from my current inventory to cook on until I can get my hands on a PBC.  ;)
----------------------

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 08:13:14 PM »

Home Depot in our area gives retired and active duty a 10% discount. All you need to do is show your retired or active military ID card. Lowe's
also gives the 10 % to retired military every day.

I believe that is the policy of both Lowe's and HD all over.  I have showed my military ID at both stores in several different locations (states) and have recieved the 10% discount any day of the year.
----------------------

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 09:00:57 AM »
In my area, Home Depot does not offer the discount, I asked.  Here is a quote from Lowe's website:  Lowe's established the 10% Military Discount to support the men and women who are currently serving our country in the Armed Services1 and to honor Retired Veterans and VA Recipients.2 This 10% discount is also extended to the immediate family3 of those who are currently serving, Retired Veterans, or VA Recipients.

To qualify for the Everyday 10% Military Discount, you must:

Be currently serving in, or retired from, a qualifying branch of the Armed Services, or be the immediate family member of someone who is and have a valid military ID Card.

Or:

Be a veteran who receives VA benefits and have a valid Veteran Identification Card (VIC).

We honor all Veterans on three specific holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Veterans Day. During these three holiday weekends, we extend the discount to all veterans who served honorably and who present a valid Form DD214 or other proof of service. The Lowe’s Military Discount is extended to the Veteran community on these three holidays only.

I have asked at Lowes on other than the 3 holidays, and it depends on who you talk to.  The clerks usually deny it, but I did have a supervisor near me at checkout, and they gave my a so called one time exception.