Author Topic: Shrimp Boil for Father's Day  (Read 2005 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: Shrimp Boil for Father's Day
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 09:32:37 PM »
CDN,  A low country boil is one of the best and simpliest meals to server for  a group of people.  Just cook it, drain, and pour out on a table covered with newspaper. Have some bowls for shrimp peels to go in and some cocktail sauce and you are good to go. 
If anyone wants some more details on how to do a low country boil just ask.  There are numerous variations.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 09:47:56 PM »
Yah , that's something I could definitely do. Something about cooking heads and all kind of turns me off. I know its what you all do over yonder but I like to cook my seafood without the head :)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 10:01:27 PM »
Key,  I understand cooking shrimp with the heads on adds flavor, but the only time I can find them like that is from a coastal seafood market.  It' sort of a Catch 22 (or is it 23? I ain't as good with numbers as I once was) situation because heads add almost 50% to the weight when you buy them.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Wing Commander

• Visit my BBQ-Blog!
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 03:08:58 AM »
As long as the cabbage did taste good, it's alright. All the other food looks great, especially the shrimps.