Author Topic: Kettlepizza Assembly  (Read 588 times)

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
Kettlepizza Assembly
« Reply #-1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:10:59 PM »
Well, folks, when I become involved with something, it turns into an obsession. I want to make very good wood fired pizza at home without having to build something I have not space for. So, I have been reading and researching the Kettlepizza product and decided that for $150 dollars to purchase this product. I have thrown away a lot more money on more irrelevant purchases so this really does not bother me to consider this a reasonable experiment. Hell, if I had a lifetime left, I could wait, but since the days are growing shorter, what the hey.

I purchased the Kettlepizza from the Amazon.com store because I have a "Prime" account and can get free two day delivery. I also purchased from them the Old Stone 16 inch Cordierite pizza stone. This company was one of the first to make stone cooking surfaces for the home and have been around for many years. The delivery came today. And, I put it together. I made a video of the unpacking and assembly so that if you are interested you can observe what it takes to put this together which is really about five minutes for those of you who still have good motor skills. There are very clear directions for assembly and for both the Kettlepizza and the stone there is not "break in" required. Just go ahead and use it.

I made a simple video of the assembly process for those that are interested. Maybe tomorrow, I will create some pizza dough and have a trial run to see what it takes to get good results. I will also video tape that process as well, good or bad, so that people can observe the results and have "information" available for a decision process.

What is really amazing is the versatility of the Weber Kettle. That people dream up multiple uses for this product.

Take a look, it is interesting.

Ed

An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline Tenpoint5

Re: Kettlepizza Assembly
« on: September 16, 2013, 10:21:13 PM »
It's a good thing the tape didn't throw you Ed!! ;D ;D Should be a lot of fun to play with that new toy
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Offline pz

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:22:43 PM »
Looks great, Ed; can't wait to see how the pizza turns out!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 10:42:14 PM »
I love the videos you do.  I was really wanted some pizza toward the end of the video.  pizza plz.  milk on side also. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 11:05:20 PM »
That video is better than any of their advertisements!

I can't wait to see how your pizza turns out.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 11:20:16 PM »
I wana see some pizza. 
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 04:37:36 AM »
I am sure you are going to have lots of fun with this one.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 08:24:29 AM »
I like using my "pizza maker" - very good set-up video!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #