Author Topic: RV trips in the west - Vegas  (Read 1107 times)

Offline pz

RV trips in the west - Vegas
« Reply #-1 on: September 17, 2013, 01:16:29 AM »
Although the crowds in Vegas are not to my liking, we had a conference that we needed to attend.  On the plus side, we found lots of good food.

We found an Asian market in Vegas where I went to town

A little instant miso soup and a prepared sushi plate.  Can't forget the Saporo

Sashimi grade fish - salmon, hamachi, escolar, and tuna

The finished plates

Ready to settle down and enjoy the evening

The next day, shrimp on the mini

... and pizza on a tiny little stone

Topped with a runny egg, the pizza was delicious

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: RV trips in the west - Vegas
« on: September 17, 2013, 02:10:00 AM »
i'm loving these pictures.  keep them coming.   :D
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 04:29:46 AM »
I would devour that pizza w/egg.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 07:37:16 AM »
Sushi and pizza look good!

Some if the best sushi I have ate was in Vegas. Some really great restaurants at the big hotels. Very expensive too ???

You going to have time to catch a show? Check out The Blue-man Group or Penn & Teller.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 08:12:09 AM »
Great pictures - hope the trip was good! Did you have a chance to check out Phantom of the Opera? My wife's favorite... we are planning to do the Vegas version when I have to attend a conference in November.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 12:01:25 PM »
Thanks for the comments, gents!

@David, yes we did Phantom - my wife's favorite too, but in another city - hope you have a good conference!

@muebe, no, darn it, we did not get to go to a show - the conference kept us really busy during the day, and we were tired after eating  ;D

@sliding_billy, that runny egg on a pizza is to die for - adds a creamy richness that is simply delicious.  One of our favorites is to put an egg on our black bean and pulled pork pizza - talk about rich food (I'd better take another cholesterol pill)

@sparky, I'm glad that you enjoy the pics, because I enjoy posting  :)

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »
pz - we do Phantom every where we can. The favorite was in Toronto - we were directly under the chandelier as it fell. But, no matter the venue - this is my wife's favorite. Looking forward to Vegas this year.

The "runny egg" pizza sounds great!
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 01:22:18 PM »
pz - we do Phantom every where we can. The favorite was in Toronto - we were directly under the chandelier as it fell. But, no matter the venue - this is my wife's favorite...

Mine too - her favorite was Seattle.  I must admit it is one I can watch again any time because I love the story, and especially the music

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 01:43:40 PM »
pz - we do Phantom every where we can. The favorite was in Toronto - we were directly under the chandelier as it fell. But, no matter the venue - this is my wife's favorite...

Mine too - her favorite was Seattle.  I must admit it is one I can watch again any time because I love the story, and especially the music

I enjoy the Phantom as well - never argue with Karen when she says we should go. But if Miss Saigon is playing... I will fight to see! The best I have ever seen!
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 02:33:16 PM »
We saw Miss Saigon last spring!  Great show!