Author Topic: I hope this doesn't get me kicked off the site...  (Read 4974 times)

Offline RAD

Re: I hope this doesn't get me kicked off the site...
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2013, 07:57:24 PM »
I have had the Market fresh and really think they are good. I will try the brisket next time I'm there. Today I went to a fast food joint "Jason's deli" Really good. What do you think?

Fast food isn't always a bad thing.

Love to cook and eat

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2013, 08:22:53 PM »
@ RAD

DROOL!!!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Pappymn

I hope this doesn't get me kicked off the site...
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2013, 08:31:28 PM »
I like Jason's Deli.

I worked at Arby's when I was in high school. The roast beef is an interesting looking beast before it is baked in the oven.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2013, 09:49:36 PM »
Very nice sandwich, RAD!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2013, 10:35:56 PM »
Looks great RAD!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline pz

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2013, 11:18:31 PM »
Wow, that sliced meat is piled high!

Offline happyappy

• Go Apps!
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »
Rad,

We have a Jason's deli here.  I love the Reuben there.  I don't think I can buy corned beef by the pound for less than I get corned beef on that sandwich. 

Another good one.
Camp Chef Pellet Grill
BEESR
Cook Air Grill
Weber Genesis
Barrel House Cooker

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2013, 05:11:23 PM »
Wow, that sliced meat is piled high!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2013, 10:11:35 PM »
My thought when I saw the commercial was that I was sure it would be tasty (fast food joints know how to do tasty) but I am not so sure about the authenticity

I'm sorry that I'm so dense, Billy.  I went back to your original statement to get clarification.  (I added the emphasis.)  Did you mean that it might taste good but it wouldn't taste like traditional brisket?

That being said, I don't believe brisket should be served on a sandwich in the first place.  ::)

I smiled at this 'cause I'm originally from Minnesota and North Dakota where BBQ is uncommon cuisine.  The only way I've ever eaten brisket is on a sandwich.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2013, 05:00:19 AM »
My thought when I saw the commercial was that I was sure it would be tasty (fast food joints know how to do tasty) but I am not so sure about the authenticity

I'm sorry that I'm so dense, Billy.  I went back to your original statement to get clarification.  (I added the emphasis.)  Did you mean that it might taste good but it wouldn't taste like traditional brisket?

That being said, I don't believe brisket should be served on a sandwich in the first place.  ::)

I smiled at this 'cause I'm originally from Minnesota and North Dakota where BBQ is uncommon cuisine.  The only way I've ever eaten brisket is on a sandwich.

Yes, I think it might taste good but just wouldn't taste like brisket by the time they "fix it up" and hide what possible brisket flavor there may be (in the same way a Big Mac tastes good but doesn't really resemble a hamburger).  I will try one, and perhaps I will be proven wrong.  Maybe they will just serve me up a big hunk of the meat on the side so I can actually taste it.   ;D  Just having fun with the sandwich comment, BTW.  I'm sure brisket is great on a sandwich.  I just can't bring myself to do it except occasionally (but still rarely) with the leftover pieces.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2013, 08:26:53 PM »
No pictures but I tried the Arby's Smokehouse Brisket sandwich today and really liked it. The meat was not all that Smokey but the bbq sauce was. I had the Sandwich and a small Pepsi it came to $7.45 with tax. A little more than I like to spend but would like to see it on there permanent menu for when I need a fix :)

Offline Tinnmel

• Portsmouth, VA
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »
We're probably tired of this topic by now, but I just had the brisket sandwich at Arby's and thought I'd share my thoughts.  The meat was pretty good.  It had a nice smoke taste, but it was salty.  My thought's are that after they smoke it at whatever central location they are using (my local Arby's is definitely not smoking anything there) they pack it it some kinda preservative brine before shipping it to all the various Arby's which leaves it with the saltiness.  Other than that, the meat was fairly good.  Now for the sandwich.  They put fried onions and gouda cheese on it.  Both were too much for the sandwich.  Balance is important.  After I thinned the onions and cheese, the sandwich was better.  What was very bothersome was that they slathered mayo on the bottom bun.  Taste vary, but for my taste mayo and brisket do not belong together.  I could easily ask for no mayo though, had I known that they would put it on the sandwich.  Overall, it was OK, but not great.  I'd rather just stick with their original roast beef.

Offline Pappymn

I hope this doesn't get me kicked off the site...
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2013, 08:15:32 PM »
THE MC RIB IS BACK!!
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2013, 10:23:42 PM »
THE MC RIB IS BACK!!

That is a whole ether thread ???
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline RAD

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »
Rad,

We have a Jason's deli here.  I love the Reuben there.  I don't think I can buy corned beef by the pound for less than I get corned beef on that sandwich. 

Another good one.

I had Reuben the great on Friday - The sauerkraut was some of the best I've ever tasted and the corned beef was outstanding. I haven't had a bad meal there yet.  I'm about 15-20 minutes from work and we were back to work in just over an hour. I really don't know how they turn a buck but I'm not complaining. 
Love to cook and eat