Author Topic: La Caja China  (Read 4342 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Re: La Caja China
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 09:10:40 AM »
Now , Practice some more... bring that  cooker to the Fall Gathering and do a 20-30lb suckling for us!!!! 
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Merrick Bill

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 11:29:45 AM »
So, are there any other Caja China owners here?  Maybe we can get a forum going?

Bill
Large Big Green Egg, Traeger BBQ075, NBBD, La Caja China, Brinkman All-In-One, Weber Q200, Weber Q220, Weber Q320, WSM, and more Weber kettles than I care to admit.

Offline Merrick Bill

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 07:19:43 PM »
I'm really getting into this Caja China.  Where are the rest of the Caja China peeps?

Bill
Large Big Green Egg, Traeger BBQ075, NBBD, La Caja China, Brinkman All-In-One, Weber Q200, Weber Q220, Weber Q320, WSM, and more Weber kettles than I care to admit.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 10:44:35 PM »

For smoking info, google "Perry Perkins AMZNPS". He did it and it works well.
I would post the link, but this site is anti-blog orientated. 

Please allow me to clarify our position: LTBBQ is not "anti-blog" - we have a number of members here that have blogs.  We do take a cautious, and suspicious view of the "professional bloggers". They - by necessity - have to focus you on THEM as being  the object. LTBBQ is a peer to peer experience. Not 1 guy telling you how to cook.... ;)It is a different feel and experience. And - for the record, of the 6 people that we have had to ban from using LTBBQ....5 were professional bloggers... and it was because of attitude.

Now...having said that - we are fine withYOU as a LTBBQ member, posting a link to a blog that helps a fellow member find information they are needing. This forum is here to help you. Not prevent you from sharing good knowledge.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 11:25:55 PM »

Please allow me to clarify our position: LTBBQ is not "anti-blog" - we have a number of members here that have blogs.  We do take a cautious, and suspicious view of the "professional bloggers". They - by necessity - have to focus you on THEM as being  the object. LTBBQ is a peer to peer experience. Not 1 guy telling you how to cook.... ;)It is a different feel and experience. And - for the record, of the 6 people that we have had to ban from using LTBBQ....5 were professional bloggers... and it was because of attitude.

Now...having said that - we are fine withYOU as a LTBBQ member, posting a link to a blog that helps a fellow member find information they are needing. This forum is here to help you. Not prevent you from sharing good knowledge.

Nicely put, T

Offline Sam3

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 10:44:37 AM »

Then please accept my apology for the confusion. I misread the forum rules.
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 11:32:33 AM »
You need not apologize...perhaps the forum rules need better clarification ;D....I likely owe YOU an apology for lack of clarity.  ;D

We will not always get things right...but we will always try to listen to you folks, and remember this: LTBBQ is - and will always be a user driven forum. So, we will  always be listening, and reviewing the rules, and making modifications that best suit the needs - and desires - of the membership.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2014, 01:15:53 PM »
Now , Practice some more... bring that  cooker to the Fall Gathering and do a 20-30lb suckling for us!!!!
Yeah what Terry said.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Merrick Bill

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 01:34:05 PM »
Do they have any of these fall gatherings in Southern California?

Bill