Author Topic: First try at Jerky and Fall Decorating  (Read 3340 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: First try at Jerky and Fall Decorating
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 05:17:30 PM »
Great memories Scott!  At times I too find great pleasure in walking in the steps of days gone by. We are always healing, aren't we? ;)

Yup, wonder if we do ever heal or does the sore stay slightly open.................
I can only speak for me,  but time truly does heal all wounds.I think time allows us to look at the same situation from a different perspective/angle. It is at this time we smile thinking of ....better days, rather than dwelling on the dark, dim times. Nothing happens quickly but in time our focus shifts from our loss to we were fortunate to have had that person/people in our lives. Today is a good day, and hopefully tomorrow will be better! :)

:)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 03:30:51 PM »
Nice job Smoke.Do you have a store that offers the meat already sliced.Staters here charges an arm and a leg pre-sliced,but Cardenas its the same price as round roast that isnt sliced.Cuts that prep time to next to nothing,the hard part on jerky IMO.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 04:11:53 PM »
Nice job Smoke.Do you have a store that offers the meat already sliced.Staters here charges an arm and a leg pre-sliced,but Cardenas its the same price as round roast that isnt sliced.Cuts that prep time to next to nothing,the hard part on jerky IMO.

Howdy Spuds, the butchers over at Arrowhead Staters slice it for us no charge.. :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32