Author Topic: Must....resist....buying....another....cooker!!!  (Read 1705 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Must....resist....buying....another....cooker!!!
« Reply #-1 on: April 21, 2018, 07:21:15 PM »
So I was at Wally World this morning and I saw this beast!

I am a fan of cabinet style cookers, smaller footprint and this thing holds a LOT of food. 16 chickens, 16 butts, 18 full racks of ribs. That is impressive. The hopper is enormous, runs down the entire back of the cooker and has a sight glass to see the level of pellets as well as an "Easy Empty" chute. For $396.00, it's a dang good bargain I think. What's funny, is my wife is the one who showed it to me, said she likes it! Uh Oh!!!! Must show restraint!!! :P
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Must....resist....buying....another....cooker!!!
« on: April 21, 2018, 07:29:14 PM »
Rg go for it!!!!! The wife showed it to you how can you ruin her day?  Buy it for her then go buy yourself a grill too ;D ;D ;D ;D
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 08:05:17 PM »
Rg go for it!!!!! The wife showed it to you how can you ruin her day?  Buy it for her then go buy yourself a grill too ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brother, I like the way you think but I really need it like a hole in the head. If I cooked as much as I used to, it'd be an easier sell (to myself). If I got rid of a few of the ones I have, I'd probably get it though. When I get done doing the projects around the house, I may revisit it, but for now, I need to not think about it :P
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 09:02:23 PM »

Brother, I like the way you think but I really need it like a hole in the head. If I cooked as much as I used to, it'd be an easier sell (to myself). If I got rid of a few of the ones I have, I'd probably get it though. When I get done doing the projects around the house, I may revisit it, but for now, I need to not think about it :P

Same here!  I had a chance (I thought for the pit boss 700fb for $150.00 & I want the SRG but I don't need them at all. I have too many cookers & I cook out around 10% of what others on here do.
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 10:49:02 PM »
Sounds to me like you got a "cooker approval pass" from the wife. If you're not gonna use it before it expires, send it to me.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 07:21:14 AM »
The turtle is wise, get yourself one. Also check out Masterbuilt, they have a vertical pellet smoker as well.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline skidog

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 09:35:48 AM »
At the Forum that shall not be named they tested one, seemed to work really well, with a tray of ice on the bottom it ran at 90 degrees or less for at least 3 hours, so it could actually cold smoke alot of stuff. Alot of the members are actually buying them just because they were surprised at how well it worked.
It's a 60 pound pellet hopper.
1985 Weber Genesis
SRG
Cook-Air
BS 28in griddle
Kingsford 22in charcoal grill
Anova
Cuisinart griddler
IP 6qt
GMG DC

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 10:41:36 AM »
I’d jump on it but be prepared for the wife to go on a shopping spree after to get her revenge  :D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline RG

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 10:55:34 AM »
At the Forum that shall not be named they tested one, seemed to work really well, with a tray of ice on the bottom it ran at 90 degrees or less for at least 3 hours, so it could actually cold smoke alot of stuff. Alot of the members are actually buying them just because they were surprised at how well it worked.

Very good info, thanks! I may look into it but like I said, I don't need it in the slightest. It's a WANT, not a need (but then again, most if the junk I own isn't need based lol)

I’d jump on it but be prepared for the wife to go on a shopping spree after to get her revenge  :D

She's already been on one. It goes back to the "HGTV" thread. She started off just wanting to paint the kitchen and that has turned into new table and chairs, light fixtures, rugs, pictures, ship lap, and now has spilled over into the living room, daughter's room (who is away at college), guest bathroom and dining room (which is actually used as an office). So more paint there and new coffee table and end tables soon to follow. It has gotten completely and utterly out of hand. So.....I think the smoker was a way to distract me from the goings on, lol

Offline rwalters

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 11:03:25 AM »

Very good info, thanks! I may look into it but like I said, I don't need it in the slightest. It's a WANT, not a need (but then again, most if the junk I own isn't need based lol)

She's already been on one. It goes back to the "HGTV" thread. She started off just wanting to paint the kitchen and that has turned into new table and chairs, light fixtures, rugs, pictures, ship lap, and now has spilled over into the living room, daughter's room (who is away at college), guest bathroom and dining room (which is actually used as an office). So more paint there and new coffee table and end tables soon to follow. It has gotten completely and utterly out of hand. So.....I think the smoker was a way to distract me from the goings on, lol
Shoot, with all that the “paint project” has turned into... I’m thinking it’s gonna take a new truck to bring home that new smoker in... ;)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline RG

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 11:13:41 AM »
Shoot, with all that the “paint project” has turned into... I’m thinking it’s gonna take a new truck to bring home that new smoker in... ;)

I like that idea. Here's what I want

Here's what I can afford (maybe)

:P

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 11:15:36 AM »
That's a great deal! Looked at it myself, just don't have a need for something of that large capacity. I say go for it!
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 11:50:02 AM »
I say go for it Jason.  I'll take your KBQ off your hands!!

Question about pellet poopers, is it possible to get a clean burn, in other words, very little smoke?  such as with the keg when I burn royal oak, I can bake around 400* and not get a smoke taste in breads or pies.
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline rwalters

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »

I like that idea. Here's what I want

Here's what I can afford (maybe)

:P
The struggles real, I get it! First world problems are tough to take sometimes :’(
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline RG

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 12:32:30 PM »
I say go for it Jason.  I'll take your KBQ off your hands!!

Question about pellet poopers, is it possible to get a clean burn, in other words, very little smoke?  such as with the keg when I burn royal oak, I can bake around 400* and not get a smoke taste in breads or pies.

That KBQ is a permanent fixture here my friend :) As for baking on a pellet grill, I have only done pizza and it didn't taste smoky so I am guessing it would be clean enough for bread and pies. Maybe someone else will chime in and add their two cents.

In my experience, the smoke on pellet grills happens during the ignition at low heat but as the firepot starts producing flame (high temps) the newly added pellets from the hopper don't really have the time to produce smoke. They ignite much faster, producing heat rather than smoke. That's my take on it anyway.