Author Topic: Catheterization tomorrow  (Read 1888 times)

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
Re: Catheterization tomorrow
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 05:45:08 PM »
In my family’s prayers.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 07:34:50 PM »
Prayers and best of luck!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 08:17:32 PM »
We will all be praying that you get thru this period of your life with out much more stress. Heart cath. is now days a safe, routine procedure that gives your doctors the best way to actually see what is going on in your ticker. They used to go in thru an artery in your inner thigh, and follow it up to your heart. But, probably yours will be thru your arm. Easier.

So hang in there. Yep - you have real friends and family here.

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Lines

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 11:43:11 PM »
God's blessing upon you and your family. Praying for the best.

Offline Dave R.

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 07:21:17 AM »
Wishing you the best on the procedure. I understand the anxiety as I've been dealing with doctors trying to pin down sleep apnea and a-fib all at the same time, minor by comparison but still dealing with the unknown. Just think with a positive attitude. Your wife and kids need that from you as much as you need that from you.
MAK #3591

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 08:17:20 AM »
Last Fall, I was having some "weird symptoms", too.  Scared me bad enuff to go to the hospital.  They kept overnight and did a lot of tests.  A week later I had a heart cath done.  I was nervous about it because of stories I had heard. I was awake during the procedure which only took about 10 minutes - the prep and setup took about 30 minutes.
The doctor told me that he everything looked normal. After recovery, I went home and didn't lift heavy stuff for about 3 days.
My suggestion to you is add pellets to the MAK with a scoop of some kind unless your wife can lift the bag.
I'll pray for you today and look forward to your post tomorrow.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline sschorr

• San Clemente, CA
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 09:20:13 AM »
LH - have faith in yourself and faith in your doctor.  You will be fine.  I too had major heart issues, along with high blood pressure and high cholesterol.  In the Fall of 2015, I almost died while hitting some golf balls at the range.  A 911 trip to the hospital that confirmed I was having major atrial afib attacks.  After some attempts to control it with meds, one of my cardiologists (a little guy nicknamed Moose - no idea why, but he is also a golf buddy) performed a 4 hour Ablation.  Inserting a catheter tube with a camera and a bulb of liquid nitrogen INTO the heart from a groin artery.  Moose was very pleased with the procedure - I was and am very pleased to have had it done! 

I too will be holding very positive thoughts about this for you and for the success of this procedure. 
Sam
MAK 2 Star #3634
Weber Summit E450
Blackstone 17" portable griddle

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 04:35:38 PM »
Thanks again everybody.. the cath went good and I hade no more blockages. I have a clogged secondary butt he said theirs nothing they do for that. He said mY chest pain is not from my heart and could be mental.’also Said everything looks good . I’m going to keep up my healthy diet and continue exercising. I’m glad I found such an awesome group of friends on this bbq page. Thanks for keeping me in your thought and prayers during this scary period in my life
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline Pappymn

Catheterization tomorrow
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 05:04:38 PM »
Thanks again everybody.. the cath went good and I hade no more blockages. I have a clogged secondary butt he said theirs nothing they do for that. He said mY chest pain is not from my heart and could be mental.’also Said everything looks good . I’m going to keep up my healthy diet and continue exercising. I’m glad I found such an awesome group of friends on this bbq page. Thanks for keeping me in your thought and prayers during this scary period in my life
Take it from Pappy, do not under estimate the mental thing. When I was younger I was checked over until I was blue in the face as it relates to heart stuff.  It ended up being mental. I am my own worst enemy. Having terrible family history didn't help me either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 05:11:52 PM »
Glad to hear that you're all checked out and got good news to boot ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2019, 05:19:23 PM »
Glad to hear that all went well. The mind controls the body. Seriously - consider prayerful meditation to help you get a firm grip on your fears and concerns. Breathing is highly under estimated as a form of calming and relaxing. Lots of info out there...I only caution that you to look for resources that are not the "woo-woo" kind.

As you have seen by the comments in this thread - you DO have support here. But - you also need support local to you, in a manner that perhaps some stress counseling will help. Talk to your physician about it, an he will likely refer you to someone that can teach you some "tools" and skills to manage the stresses and help you rest better - without pills. ;)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline rwalters

Catheterization tomorrow
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 05:34:57 PM »
Great news! Glad you are good to go buddy :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 05:40:22 PM »
Glad to hear everything went well.  I have stuff to help ya stay calm.  It's herbalism at its finest.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 06:11:51 PM »
Glad to hear everything went well.  I have stuff to help ya stay calm.  It's herbalism at its finest.
Please make me a brownie lol
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 06:40:25 PM »
Time to celebrate and fire up the MAK this year.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32