Author Topic: Meatball Sub and Ice cream  (Read 525 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Meatball Sub and Ice cream
« Reply #-1 on: May 18, 2019, 09:05:02 AM »
In the spirit of eating healthy while the wife is away (I'm laughing as I type this) I made a meatball sub using leftover meatballs that I froze from a recent cook. I could've taken the easy way out and dined out but I figured I'd take advantage of what I have on hand. I even made a batch of strawberry ice cream.

I was going to bake the sub rolls myself but I did press the easy button on that and just bought some from the store, along with some nice provolone. It actually was very tasty! I have another quart of meatballs and sauce in the freezer so I may make these again for a quick meal one night.

Take a look!

THE SUB

THE ICE CREAM

After Hard Freeze

I am not going to lie, I ate the ice cream this morning :P

I was going to eat some last night but decided to let it freeze thoroughly over night. I can have ice cream for breakfast, I'm a grown man (when my wife is not around). :)

For those interested, this was a very good recipe for the ice cream. I have numerous books on making ice cream but sometimes a quick Google search is all you need.

https://www.alattefood.com/homemade-strawberry-ice-cream/

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Meatball Sub and Ice cream
« on: May 18, 2019, 12:40:23 PM »
In the spirit of eating healthy while the wife is away (I'm laughing as I type this) I made a meatball sub using leftover meatballs that I froze from a recent cook. I could've taken the easy way out and dined out but I figured I'd take advantage of what I have on hand. I even made a batch of strawberry ice cream.

I was going to bake the sub rolls myself but I did press the easy button on that and just bought some from the store, along with some nice provolone. It actually was very tasty! I have another quart of meatballs and sauce in the freezer so I may make these again for a quick meal one night.

Take a look!

THE SUB

THE ICE CREAM

After Hard Freeze

I am not going to lie, I ate the ice cream this morning :P

I was going to eat some last night but decided to let it freeze thoroughly over night. I can have ice cream for breakfast, I'm a grown man (when my wife is not around). :)

For those interested, this was a very good recipe for the ice cream. I have numerous books on making ice cream but sometimes a quick Google search is all you need.

https://www.alattefood.com/homemade-strawberry-ice-cream/

Just make sure you are not a growing man by the time they get back. If that was me I would put on ten Lbs
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 01:56:47 PM »
Just make sure you are not a growing man by the time they get back. If that was me I would put on ten Lbs

LOL. I'm not petite to begin with but I only ate that and that alone yesterday. When it gets hot out I tend not to eat that much. It's 87 degrees here and will be in the 90s next week. I drink more and eat less.

Now today I've already eaten ice cream and for lunch went to a local hot dog shack and got a dog with chili, cheese, K&M, onion and slaw. It's called a "Chow Dog", the namesake for the restaurant that serves it. That along with a fry and a Jumbo Sweet Tea and I'm good for the day. The warden comes back tonight so I had to get one last junk food fix before she arrives :P
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 03:18:34 PM »
Oh heck yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 10:11:14 PM »

LOL. I'm not petite to begin with but I only ate that and that alone yesterday. When it gets hot out I tend not to eat that much. It's 87 degrees here and will be in the 90s next week. I drink more and eat less.

Now today I've already eaten ice cream and for lunch went to a local hot dog shack and got a dog with chili, cheese, K&M, onion and slaw. It's called a "Chow Dog", the namesake for the restaurant that serves it. That along with a fry and a Jumbo Sweet Tea and I'm good for the day. The warden comes back tonight so I had to get one last junk food fix before she arrives :P

Just checking up on you buddy......don't want you wasting away at home by yourself...….Sounds great
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 10:53:09 PM »
Excellent.  Everything. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Pac Man

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 01:22:42 PM »
I can see that I haven't been taking proper advantage of my wife's occasional girls only weekends!
MAK 2-Star General
Weber Original Kettle 22-inch
HM Lump Charcoal Barrel Burner

Offline RG

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 07:34:36 PM »
I can see that I haven't been taking proper advantage of my wife's occasional girls only weekends!
LOL! Glad I could serve as a reminder buddy :P

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 07:05:52 PM »
Yeah, that sub is tha bomb ! ! !  I wouldn't mind 2-3 scoops either ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC