Author Topic: Why do I keep doing this?  (Read 687 times)

Offline Jaxon

Re: Why do I keep doing this?
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 10:03:08 AM »
You guys are too kind.  I'm thankful for the encouraging words. 
However, in the second sentence you will find the answer.  I keep dong this because it is FUN! 
I originally posted this on FB as an explanation to a number of my "no-cooking" friends.  Seems that every time I get a new grill, they roll their eyes and ask "Why do you need that?  You have these others."
If I sounded apologetic, I didn't mean to.  I was more or less trying to put some of those folks in their place.  It's funny sometimes - they don't seem to be bothered when they come over and chow down.

I posted here because I know y'all get it - you understand the "obsession"   ;).

I feel good about the way I cook.  I think every one of us should feel good about the way we cook and the way we enjoy the experience.  People who don't cook don't know what their missing.  Of course, people who collect stamps or coins, for instance probably feel that I am really missing out because I don't love their "obsession".   
It's all good! 
I'm as happy as a pig in slop when I'm out there grillin' and griddlin'.  After all these years hanging out here with some of my heroes and learning from them, I am very confident in my skills.  My wife is happy that I can cook and my friends are happy, too, even though they may raise an eyebrow when I tell them about my next "new thing".
So, that's why I keep doing this...IT'S FUN!!!
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!