Author Topic: My current weight loss  (Read 3610 times)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: My current weight loss
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 03:18:10 PM »
Well done!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline GrillGeek

• www.pelletgrilloutfitters.com
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 04:00:59 PM »
Well, done Mike! You've found the key to physical success- breaking old bad habits, instilling new good ones and setting obtainable goals. Retraining yourself is an absolutely must to reach your goals and make them stick. Best success comes when you realize that you are in this as a life change, not just a short term activity.

If anyone here is looking for guidance on working out and proper diet, please let me know. While I am not a certified personal trainer, I have a lot of knowledge and experience with workouts and proper diet. My diet has changed tremendously over the last few years, and my performance results have been incredible.

- Eric
Owner of Simi Pellet Grills- The Pellet Grill Outfitters
www.pelletgrilloutfitters.com

805-285-2618

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 06:13:15 PM »
Good job Mike! You will feel better and be better able to keep up with those kids. Back about 5-6 years ago I dropped from 258 lbs to 185 lbs and have been able to keep my weight off. Smaller portions is key and watching what you eat. I still eat pretty much what I want though. The funny thing is that when I dropped all the weight my blood pressure went sky high, up into stroke level. The doc put me on BP meds and it is under control. All by blood work is in great shape according to the doc and he says I am in great shape for a 62 year old.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 06:39:57 PM »
... he says I am in great shape for a 62 year old.

... which would be a good thing if you weren't actually 47.

muebe - Congratulations but be careful; you're only allocated a finite number of steps in life and you don't want to reach the limit early because you took too many running.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
My current weight loss
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 06:58:47 PM »
Congratulations. Great Mikes think alike. I did the same thing. I was at 200 about 2 years ago and started on my mother in law treadmill in my garage then graduated to the street ;) You're a better Mike, I couldn't do that at 4:30 am. I ate the same things just see portions. Dropped 30 lbs. I stopped jogging cause my wife said I was loosing too much weight. I've been able to stay at 180 without any jogging. I will start back up when the time changes again. I don't like running in the
Dark.
KEEP IT UP!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline RAD

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 07:50:22 PM »
Nice job way to go. Most days i'm running with you at 4am ish. Most days not all days, it's hard to get moving that early in the dark and cold. Power to you for keeping it up.
Love to cook and eat

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 05:00:06 AM »
Congrats, Mike. I like a meaner, leaner muebe. You have great will power. Thanks for the kick in the butt that I needed to follow in your footsteps.

Offline Patio Cook#1

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 03:08:28 PM »
Congrats! I'm 74 and weighed 260 pounds. Went on Isagenix program and am now down to 228 and feel great.  Also have a trainer at the gym, 3 times a week. Still eat what I want for my one meal but smaller portions. My insulin reduced by 70%.  Thats the best part and A1C is below accepted normal. 5.5  It's almost everyones problem in life.

Good job MUEBE,
I'm 68 and 210. Facing many of us in this weight/age category is a insulin deal. The pancreas just cant kick out enough insulin anymore to keep up. Weight loss helps out in mega-tremendous ways. Good encouragement to all of us who need to drop a few (or 20) pounds

Offline DK117

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 04:00:09 PM »
excellent and congratulations!  38 5"10 190 here.  Long story, started 10 years ago was about 210, I wanted to look good for my daughters birth, so I did Atkins, got down to 167 (really pissed my wife off when she hit 168 on the day of my daughters birth she's normally about 130).  A few years later I was back up to 210 so I started running.  Kept a healthy 180 for 6 years and now I need to lose 10 lbs again.  I share this story as 165 seems like a really agressive number to me, maybe you've already hit a healthy weight.  And I did have to take the last 4 months off as my knees started giving me trouble after 6 years of recreational/competitive running.  I'd say you are on the right track, but moderation is ok too.

DK117
Traeger Texas 075
Vermont Castings Signature Series Natural Gas Grill

Offline RAD

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 06:50:28 PM »
muebe, do you use nike+?
Love to cook and eat

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 10:30:17 PM »
muebe, do you use nike+?

No. Is that a running app?
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline RAD

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 08:03:19 AM »
Yes, I use the one that connects to my nano and the sensor is on my shoe. But now they have an app that you can use with your iphone with GPS. You upload the results to the Nike+ site and it keeps your historical info.

It records the distance and pace of your run and calories burned. It gives you the motivation to keep up with running.

Something to look at for an avid runner like you. If you have friends that run you can challenge them on things like who runs the most miles or who runs the longest run, etc…
Love to cook and eat

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 08:51:21 AM »
So is it a Bluetooth wireless sensor that hooks to your shoe lace? I assume that measures your steps.

I have an iPad so that would not work so well while running but there are apps on my android phone I can download. My treadmill gives me the distance, speed, times, calories burned, ect. But I will get a arm band for my phone and download one of those apps for outdoor running.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline GrillGeek

• www.pelletgrilloutfitters.com
My current weight loss
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 09:58:52 AM »
Check out the app Strava. It's my favorite running/ cycling. Pair it with a heart rate monitor and you're really cooking!

Strava GPS maps your runs, shows your splits and keeps track of your personal records.

It keeps track of segments, which are parts of a route set up by you or others. It keeps a scoreboard of the fastest times over these segments. If you are the fastest over the segment, you are deemed "King of the mountain". I love it because I'll go base my rides around segments that I think I can beat. It changes things up and gives you motivation to ride fast.
Owner of Simi Pellet Grills- The Pellet Grill Outfitters
www.pelletgrilloutfitters.com

805-285-2618

Offline RAD

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 02:28:08 PM »
Check it out on line and the one GrillGeek is talking about sounds interesting. I've been using Nike+ for a couple of years and like it. They have an app for droid but I haven't tried it yet. I don't run with my phone just the nano.
Love to cook and eat