Author Topic: June gathering 2  (Read 1159 times)

Offline RAD

Re: June gathering 2
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 03:53:31 PM »
Now that is a whole lot fun :)
Love to cook and eat

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 04:37:41 PM »
Great pics and appears to have been a good time!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 06:19:21 PM »
Looking at the photos I feel younger already.  No wonder dee doesn't have a camera.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 07:17:11 PM »
About this time every year, Don drives from Houston, TX to NC to work on TV equipment for NBC.  He drives across on I-20 on his way east and stops in Augusta, GA to have lunch with Dee before heading northeast to Wilmington.  On his way back, he drives a bit south of I-20 to come visit us in Middle GA.  I think this may be his 4th visit.  Dee is nice enough to drive nearly 3 hours to get here and this is his 4th visit.  The first time he came over was when CB came by for supper.  This year we were so thankful that Albert & Sylvia were willing to fly in from northwest AL for the occasion.  YES, fly in...he has a sweet Cessna 172.  We met them at the Fall Gathering and have enjoyed a great friendship across the miles.

Last year in March, LostArrow and his wife stopped here on their way to Savannah from MS.  Dee came in for that one and so did TMB and Kimmie.  What a good time that was.

Let me encourage you to open the doors and invite folks.  You might be surprised who shows up.  As you can see from the pics, you don't need a big fancy place...just an open door.

Dee gave me some sage advice a couple of years ago..."Treat your company like family and treat your family like company." 
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 08:33:55 PM »
Let me just say that Jaxon and Deb are the most gracious hosts and put on a great feast for all us guests. Everything they did for us was first rate, but the most important factor was the friendships that have been established. I had such a great time visiting with Jaxon and Deb, Dee, and Albert and Sylvia. Thank you, Jaxon and Deb, for opening up your beautiful home for this Gathering of good friends. We all appreciate it.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 10:04:31 PM »
Boy I wish we could have been there  :-[  but we had tomany things on our plate planned.

The pictures look great and i know everything was just like it looked!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION