Author Topic: Smokeasaurus got himself hitched  (Read 7457 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Smokeasaurus got himself hitched
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2014, 02:49:51 PM »
Oh how plans can change. Wendy has asthma and the humidity here in So-Cal is bothering her a bit. The humidity in Fort Payne is at least double of what we have here.

Her sister lives in Castle Rock Colorado and has real estate connections there. We will be flying into Denver next month to check out Cimarron Hills...just outside of Colorado Springs.......will keep ya all posted..................

P.S.   I have a deep down feeling Wendy wants to stay a little closer to family.........the asthma angle makes it sound more medically pressing... ;)
Your right but no smog so come on to BAMA!!!     Really do what's best for her, you can always pay us a visit  ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2014, 04:35:55 PM »
Oh how plans can change. Wendy has asthma and the humidity here in So-Cal is bothering her a bit. The humidity in Fort Payne is at least double of what we have here.

Her sister lives in Castle Rock Colorado and has real estate connections there. We will be flying into Denver next month to check out Cimarron Hills...just outside of Colorado Springs.......will keep ya all posted..................

P.S.   I have a deep down feeling Wendy wants to stay a little closer to family.........the asthma angle makes it sound more medically pressing... ;)
Your right but no smog so come on to BAMA!!!     Really do what's best for her, you can always pay us a visit  ;)

We will be visiting Fort Payne in August (kinda like a little honeymoon) and will check the place out real good. Hang in there Tommy, Old Smoke wants to go Southern real bad  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2014, 09:56:35 PM »

We will be visiting Fort Payne in August (kinda like a little honeymoon) and will check the place out real good. Hang in there Tommy, Old Smoke wants to go Southern real bad  8)
Let me know when you will be here, it's just a hop, skip and jump from the Bomm-A-Rosa
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2014, 10:22:11 PM »
Sent you a pm
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline old sarge

« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2014, 11:46:08 PM »
Congratulations to you both. May the thin blue follow the two of you through life.  And may God bless and keep you both.
US Army 1970-1995
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber kettle
Ducane Meridian
Cookshack Amérique
Smokin-it 3D
Old Hickory Knives
Chefs Choice 665 Slicer
LEM MaxVac
LEM BigBite #8
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2014, 10:33:53 AM »
Well, Wendy got herself homesick without us leaving yet so we had to rethink where to settle.  It is really expensive (at least for me)  to live in So-Cal. We want small town, peaceful living and crisp mountain air. I thought of Big Bear but didn't want us making that trek down the mountain everyday and then it hit me...Crestline!!!  Just 20 minutes uphill at 4300 feet.....with homes we can afford. Wendy can find work off the hill and hopefully I can get a burger flipping job by Lake Gregory.

We were there yesterday for the first time:

Here is historic Old Town......we are looking for homes right around this area. More flatter lots and close to the mountain exit

Found Crest Lodge which is a historic Mountain Inn of rustic cabins all built at the turn of the Century. Got a weekend booked in a couple of weeks. The caretaker there is also a reverend and he will marry us in a rustic pine tree setting at the cabins..... 8)  Here is the little bear cabin we got booked:

On Sept 6, (I gotta get more info) they have a 80 plus year tradition where they cook meat overnight in this giant pit using seasonings and meat washes. Everybody brings side dishes and I guess ya set out all night. I will find out more and will post back on this.

Got lost a bunch of times. One thing about mountain living is that there is a bunch of winding roads and Old Smoke got confused but will figure it out. We did look at one house behind Old Town. Built in 1930, with a wrap around deck, 3 story, all knotty pine throughout the house for 120,000 clams just to give you an idea at the affordability of Crestline:

The gorgeous brunette does not come with the house, she is all mine  ;)

Well, gotta get my beard growing and will leave ya with a little Mountain Music:

Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Pappymn

Smokeasaurus got himself hitched
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2014, 10:49:28 AM »
Great update Smoke. Keep us posted
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2014, 11:17:43 AM »
Lake Gregory is close by.
Small enough to easily fish in a kayak.
Big enough to not get to boring.
Stocked with rainbows ( ok it's like shooting fish in a barrel but they sure eat good ::)
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »

Smoke when you visit Ft Payne in August it will be the hottest and most humid time of year, so realize it isn't always going to be that bad. We like to visit the Ft Payne, Mentone area in the hot summer because it is always a little cooler than here. The mountains of North Georgia and Eastern TN are always nice too.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2014, 11:57:51 AM »
Lake Gregory is close by.
Small enough to easily fish in a kayak.
Big enough to not get to boring.
Stocked with rainbows ( ok it's like shooting fish in a barrel but they sure eat good ::)

We drove by Lake Gregory and it is real nice. They got a "beach" for the kids and a independent water slide that runs through part of the forest and by the lake. We hit a little traffic in downtown cause the lake was busy. We just wont go downtown during the summer months on the weekend. The locals say the lake area is real quiet during the week so the locals can hangout and have the lake to themselves.
http://www.lakegregoryrecreation.com/
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2014, 12:02:05 PM »
It sure looks like a nice place to live!!! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2014, 12:15:24 PM »
One thing I quickly realized is when you drive around in the mountains, do not expect many flat straight roads  ::) ::)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2014, 12:24:49 PM »
One thing I quickly realized is when you drive around in the mountains, do not expect many flat straight roads  ::) ::)

Get you a sports car and enjoy! The only time I liked flat straight roads was when I was driving the motor home.
Ken

Char-Broil The Big Easy

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2014, 12:36:48 PM »

Get you a sports car and enjoy! The only time I liked flat straight roads was when I was driving the motor home.
Or a motorcycle... It's great to hear what you are up to and the town looks very nice. Someday when we sit in front of a fire and swap stories I'll tell you my dream to live in Island Park, Idaho on the Henry's Fork... I am so happy for you!

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2014, 12:41:25 PM »

Or a motorcycle... It's great to hear what you are up to and the town looks very nice. Someday when we sit in front of a fire and swap stories I'll tell you my dream to live in Island Park, Idaho on the Henry's Fork... I am so happy for you!

We drove through Island Park on our last trip to visit my son in Cooke City, MT. We took a very long scenic route from Salt Lake City up through Idaho and all the way though Yellowstone Park from West Yellowstone to Cooke City.
Ken

Char-Broil The Big Easy