Author Topic: Don's (IR2 Dum) Golf Outing  (Read 2121 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Don's (IR2 Dum) Golf Outing
« Reply #-1 on: April 04, 2014, 09:57:43 AM »
Y'all know Don has been one of the honchos at NBC Sports for years.  Although he goes to all the great events from the Olympics to golf tournaments to Notre Dame football he is usually stuck in the control area and doesn't get out to see or participate in what he is covering.

Well, recently he was covering a golf tournament and after it was over got a rare chance to play a round of golf in the local area.  After awhile Don exclaimed to his caddie, "This is the worst golf course I've ever played!"
To which his caddie replied, "Sir, this is not the golf course.  We left it an hour ago."

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: Don's (IR2 Dum) Golf Outing
« on: April 04, 2014, 10:15:07 AM »
 :D :D
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »
I play the same way :(
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 10:44:42 AM »
I am not much of a golfer, in fact I have only set foot on a golf course 3 times in my life (if you don't count putt putt). The first time I ever played golf I shot a 90, which I thought was pretty good, but then they told me I had to play the back nine too.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 11:56:37 AM »
I always get 2-4-1 when I play golf, I shoot 72 on the front 9 and 72 on the back 9.  Great way to get in two rounds of golf in one outing.  :P
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 12:42:59 PM »
Back in the day I used to practically live on the golf links ... played golf up the wazoos and got my index down to a respectable number.  Broke 80 three times and this was one of those times at Pacific Grove Golf Links just South of Monterey ... The seaside gem, known as the "Poor Man's Pebble Beach".  Jack Neville - who helped design Pebble Beach designed the back nine.  Less than $50 ... The sweeping views across the street from the ocean alone make this a course worth playing.  Nowadays, I'm just an old Duffer who enjoys playing bogey+ golf!!

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 01:26:35 PM »
I am so bad at golf it is scary.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 02:29:17 PM »
I have beaten Tiger Woods and made several holes in one on a par 4.

Of course this all happened on the XBOX 360 :P
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 08:48:53 PM »
I once shot a 24 under for 18 holes, that was on a Golden Tee machine in a bar.  :P
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 03:19:27 AM »
Y'all know Don has been one of the honchos at NBC Sports for years.  Although he goes to all the great events from the Olympics to golf tournaments to Notre Dame football he is usually stuck in the control area and doesn't get out to see or participate in what he is covering.

Well, recently he was covering a golf tournament and after it was over got a rare chance to play a round of golf in the local area.  After awhile Don exclaimed to his caddie, "This is the worst golf course I've ever played!"
To which his caddie replied, "Sir, this is not the golf course.  We left it an hour ago."

Dee

How did I miss this?????? Somebody knocking my golf skills. What is this world coming to? What this somebody doesn't know is that I carry a personalized bag with the name "Captain Fairway II" boldly emblazoned on the side. Now that doesn't mean I am any good, but I will only say that this golf bag was presented to me for the payment of a bet I made with my foursome (Johnny Miller, Roger Maltbie, and Gary Koch) during a massive betting spree about 15 years ago at Riviera Country Club in LA. I thought I could hold my own with them so we bet on every aspect of the game....skins, sandies, snakes, GIR's, FIR's, and everything in between. Well, apparently I didn't realize that they were that good at golf since they relieved me of about six hundred dollars, but I did drown them in one bet....I was 100% in Fairways in Regulation, which saved me a few hundred bucks. I guess they felt sorry for me so Maltbie got his bag sponsor to make me a custom bag with the "Captain Fairway" name. Actually, the first bag got stolen (along with my clubs) after a couple of weeks and this was the second bag they had made for me (thus the II behind it). By the way, my handicap index was 1.6 when I quit playing about 7 or 8 years ago because of a back situation, but I think that I am healed up enough to give it a go again pretty soon. The golf itch is still there. Second by the way, I have played with O.J. twice when he used to work for us and took money from him both times.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:25:31 AM by IR2dum »

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 08:13:30 AM »
I'm back out after 14 years laying off. walked through an 88 the other day. irons are coming back fast. putter is tuning up, but the driver needs work  >:(

I had to leave my driver at home... I had such a bad slice when I teed off one day the ball hit me in the back.

Just sayin '...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline MJSBBQ

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 05:59:11 PM »
Smoker Pete

That is a good-looking golf swing. And the scenery is fabulous!

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 06:17:47 PM »
Smoker Pete

That is a good-looking golf swing. And the scenery is fabulous!

Thanks ... That was in my youth when I was in my mid 50s  ;D  :D  8)

It is a fabulous course!
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 02:23:32 AM »
Got bag out of storage and let's go play.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 08:29:47 AM »
When I was younger I could hit a golf ball far and straight without thinking, now you better not stand next to me on the green  ??? ???   Best if you stand behind me about 10 feet  ;) ;) ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION