Author Topic: Cajun Seasoned Beef Jerky  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: Cajun Seasoned Beef Jerky
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 05:52:08 PM »
Chicago??? Good luck, buddy!

Thanks!!!  I think I'd have better luck on the crap tables back here in Vegas.  :P

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline hikerman

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 05:57:22 PM »
I see there are 2 liquor stores in East Dubuque, Illinois.  Family Beer and Liquor on rte. 20 (probably easy to find) and Van's Liquors. That town is close but you'd be late for rehearsal.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 06:02:47 PM »
I see there are 2 liquor stores in East Dubuque, Illinois.  Family Beer and Liquor on rte. 20 (probably easy to find) and Van's Liquors. That town is close but you'd be late for rehearsal.

Sounds good, good thing I'm not IN the wedding party don't need to be there for the rehearsal, just invited to the dinner because I'm a family member.  The liquor store sounds more appealing than the dinner though.  :P
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 12:20:25 AM »
Some good looking jerky Cajun!!! Chicago? you are getting close to me, I am about 5 hours from there! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 12:39:28 AM »
Some good looking jerky Cajun!!! Chicago? you are getting close to me, I am about 5 hours from there! Don

Now that makes it a tough decision, a 3 hour drive from Midway to Galena to be with the Outlaws for the wedding or a 4 hour drive from Midway to Smoking Don's place for some good BBQ.  I just have to figure out how I'm gonna finance the divorce. LOL!!!  :P
----------------------

Offline pz

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 01:22:25 AM »
Looks really good, LVC!

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2014, 01:29:20 AM »

Now that makes it a tough decision, a 3 hour drive from Midway to Galena to be with the Outlaws for the wedding or a 4 hour drive from Midway to Smoking Don's place for some good BBQ.  I just have to figure out how I'm gonna finance the divorce. LOL!!!  :P
Go to the food......

Spuds<--------Puts his devil horns on
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2014, 04:02:31 AM »
That is some tasty looking jerky!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline RAD

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2014, 06:15:47 AM »
Jerky looks great. What temp did you dry it at?
Love to cook and eat

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2014, 07:44:53 AM »
Jerky looks great. What temp did you dry it at?

I set the temp controller on the Traeger at 180F, noticed that sometimes it ran as high as 240F-250F and as low as 180F.
----------------------