Author Topic: How many COUNTRIES have you visited???  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: How many COUNTRIES have you visited???
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 09:56:58 PM »
Mexico, Canada, Italy, Germany, Austria, Japan, Korea, St. Martin, Antigua, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba, Nassau, Freeport.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 10:08:27 PM »
Cuba (GTMO), Hong Kong, Philippines, Japan, Mexico, Canada, France, Viet Nam, Singapore, Guam, Midway, Puerto Rico
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 10:09:54 PM »
Cuba (GTMO), Hong Kong, Philippines, Japan, Mexico, Canada,

I'm guessing you spent a little time in the Navy RAD  :D ... been there - done that  ;D  ;D
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Char Broil SRG

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 10:24:24 PM »
been to 2 different ports in japan and 1 port in russia.  each port was 1 week liberty.  only arrested once.  i happen to be the the wrong part of town at the wrong time and place.  it was a simple miss understanding that i didn't start.  you know, sailors coming ashore after 4 months out at sea.  all were in the mid 70's.  found this alcohol in japan that had opium in it.   ;)   had the best time in russia when we ran into the mayor of the city we were in.  can't tell ya what happen but those russian ppl are the best.  drank so, so much vodka.  good vodka.   ::) :P :-[
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 10:50:31 PM »
Let's see, many state in the US. Canada, both east and west. England, Wales. Scotland, Ireland. France but it was just a plane landing for a medical problem.

Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline BAM1

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 11:52:56 PM »
Mexico, Japan (mainland and Okinawa), Korea, Phillippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Singapore, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Egypt, England, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France.  Oh yeah, and Texas :)
BAMBQ KCBS BBQ Team
Traeger Texas model 075 w/Savannah Stoker
GMG Jim Bowie
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID and 900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Backwoods Fatboy
Charbroil SRG
Kamodo Big Joe
2 Gateway Drum smokers
KCBS CBJ

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2014, 12:01:45 AM »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2014, 02:12:17 AM »
Sorry but I will mention some countries that I just landed in, it goes with the story. My first overseas tour in the USAF was to Turkey. I flew via JFK airport NY, to Frankfort Germany, to Paris France, to Rome Italy, to Istanbul Turkey and stayed overnight there. The next day I along with two other airmen took a train halfway across Turkey to Eskisehir Turkey, and that is a whole story by its self. I spent a year there with a small detachment on a Turkish AFB. That was an adventure, the Turkish people were good and if you made a friend they would do anything for you. I was still very glad to leave at the end of my year.

My second tour overseas was to SEA, we thought we were going to Viet Nam, our orders were blank for anywhere in SEA. Fifteen of us, civil engineer type, left Wright Pat AFB, OH and went to Travis AFB, CA for a week of jungle training. We met another fifteen from Alamogordo AFB, NM and flew together leaving from San Francisco CA.  We landed in Okinawa, Guam and then Viet Nam. We stayed overnight there and the next day flew to Bangkok Thailand. There we were flown to Tahkli Thai AFB. We spent three months there and built a barracks complex of 30-10 man NCO barracks complete with power, running water and sewage. We worked 12 hours a day 7 days a week with two three day passes during the 3 months.

The Thai people were very pleasant; we hired about 120 of the local people to help us build the barracks.

Coming home we took a train from Tahkli to Bangkok, they set us up in a hotel and we had a week off to sightsee and have a little rest and recuperation. From there we flew to Clark Field, Philippines. It was at night and a bus met us at the plane and took us to the NCO club where they fed us a steak dinner; we could have filet mignon or T-bone. I think the USAF did this for all people leaving SEA at that time. From there we flew to Honolulu Hawaii. It was a beautiful sunny day and we got off the plane for 20 minutes! I can always say I spent 20 minutes in Hawaii! From there we flew to San Francisco.

My wife went to Hawaii for a week after she graduated, that was before it was the 50th state. Just before we got married she went on a trip to Europe and visited six countries. Our daughter went to the University of Mexico in Cholula for a month as part of her journey to a master deg. in Spanish. We went down for the last week and she came home with us. Now this was not a resort and it was an experience! I think about the worst vacation we had but still an experience and a great memory for us.

Most all of my overseas travel was courtesy of the taxpayer! It was not all fun but a lifetime experience I would not trade for anything! Thanks to all of you! I got to see a lot of scenery and met a lot of good people! I only lack the distance between Ankara Turkey and Bangkok Thailand of being around the world; a little over 4,000 miles. I don’t think I will ever be able to complete it.

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 04:44:51 AM »
Canada, Japan, Germany, France, Korea and Viet Nam.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline RAD

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 06:01:12 AM »

I'm guessing you spent a little time in the Navy RAD  :D ... been there - done that  ;D  ;D
Part of the Navy, USMC ;)

Love to cook and eat

Offline MoHuka

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 07:20:51 AM »

Part of the Navy, USMC ;)
When Navy guys jab me by saying "The Marine Corps is a department of the Navy"  I say yes it is....the Men's Department..ha..good rivalry between the services but in the end we all bleed redm white and blue
I remembered I left Greece off my list
Lead a good life and treat your fellow man as you wish to be treated and the attendance at your funeral will be largely dependent on the weather
---------------------------
KCBS CBJ
Bradley 6-rack with PID and 2-element mod
REC TEC
SRG with Tommy Ring
Weber Genesis with Grill Grates
ANOVA Sous Vide

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 08:31:36 AM »

[/quote]
LOL
You got me jack!
I do like me toys... but I am actually culling the herd right now... No gas allowed... all wood or charcoal and only 3 get to survive... this will be tough, but that is my commitment - any suggestions?
[/quote]

OK maybe one gas cooker - the Blackstone Flattop - it is just so much fun to cook on  a flattop... can't help it...
[/quote]

I've seen you  cook some mighty good food on the flat top...yakisoba et al...so you'd better keep it. The gasser is good for a quickie - ya need it, too. 

I'm using the Quantum grill less and less these days as I enjoy have the options of the Weber, the Cajun Injector Barrel, and the off-set for charcoal & wood.

I hope to sell my TBE & BEESR as well as the Master Forge charcoal grill very soon.  Then my herd will be more manageable.

Funny how the toys seem to accumulate...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 08:49:03 AM »
Been to the USA and Cuba many times
Cuba is one place I want to go - when were you there?
Have been 4 different times, the best time to go is early Spring. I spent 2 weeks there on my honeymoon August 2011 and it was almost to hot for my liking. Can US residents travel to Cuba? I thought there was still a rift between you guys going back to the trade embargo///
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2014, 09:55:21 AM »
I went to Teeeewanna allot before it got to bad.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2014, 09:58:09 AM »
Been to the USA and Cuba many times
Cuba is one place I want to go - when were you there?
Have been 4 different times, the best time to go is early Spring. I spent 2 weeks there on my honeymoon August 2011 and it was almost to hot for my liking. Can US residents travel to Cuba? I thought there was still a rift between you guys going back to the trade embargo///

Technically there is still a ban on US citizens traveling to Cuba, however there are ways around it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/10/travel/at-long-last-legal-trips-to-cuba.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)