Author Topic: How many COUNTRIES have you visited???  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Jaxon

How many COUNTRIES have you visited???
« Reply #-1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:10:12 PM »
Thought it would be interesting for our "world travelers" to post the number of countries they've visited (not simply flown over).

Not counting Texas, we have been to ONE...visited Peru last week for or son's wedding...oh, and the Bahamamas(actually went ashore).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:33:05 PM by Jaxon »
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
Re: How many COUNTRIES have you visited???
« on: May 28, 2014, 08:27:26 PM »
Mexico, Canada and live in the USA. Only been to the Vancouver area in BC. Been all over the USA building walk-in coolers and freezers. Went to Mexico a lot when I was young with a friend that raced motorcycles. I got that monty Zumas revenge onced and have not been back since, Two week bed to bath. :)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:31:05 PM »
I think around 35. I was so fortunate to work for S.C Johnson (the Edge / Pledge / Glade folks - but on the commercial side.) I always said it was the best education  I ever got paid to do! I was very lucky! In later years, my wife and I have made it a priority to take our girls to places that many people don't see - Belize, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, the Amazon, Machu Pichu, Galapagos, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, etc. We don't buy the fancy cars or houses, or pizza ovens (sigh...)  but make sure our girls see these things.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:34:43 PM »
We don't buy the fancy cars or houses, or pizza ovens (sigh...)  but make sure our girls see these things.

dang David...Pit Barrel Cooker, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, G2G ICE, 500X, Char Broil Vertical Electric Smoker, & MPC, Weber Performer, Lodge Hibachi, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...

just sayin'...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 08:37:22 PM »
We don't buy the fancy cars or houses, or pizza ovens (sigh...)  but make sure our girls see these things.

dang David...Pit Barrel Cooker, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, G2G ICE, 500X, Char Broil Vertical Electric Smoker, & MPC, Weber Performer, Lodge Hibachi, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...

just sayin'...
LOL
You got me jack!
I do like me toys... but I am actually culling the herd right now... No gas allowed... all wood or charcoal and only 3 get to survive... this will be tough, but that is my commitment - any suggestions?

Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 08:42:09 PM »
Since you won't count Texas as it's own country I can't claim the US, along with Mexico and Canada. Of course I have gotten to visit a lot of countries through the eyes of their soldiers that I worked with here in the states, The Czech's and Greek's were the most fun and showed up with the most home grown booze.

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 08:51:58 PM »
Since you won't count Texas as it's own country I can't claim the US, along with Mexico and Canada. Of course I have gotten to visit a lot of countries through the eyes of their soldiers that I worked with here in the states, The Czech's and Greek's were the most fun and showed up with the most home grown booze.

Texas is it's own country - that is a given! I counted it in my list...
Member #

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
How many COUNTRIES have you visited???
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 08:53:39 PM »
Been to the USA and Cuba many times
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 08:54:04 PM »

just sayin'...
LOL
You got me jack!
I do like me toys... but I am actually culling the herd right now... No gas allowed... all wood or charcoal and only 3 get to survive... this will be tough, but that is my commitment - any suggestions?

OK maybe one gas cooker - the Blackstone Flattop - it is just so much fun to cook on  a flattop... can't help it...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 08:55:14 PM »
Been to the USA and Cuba many times
Cuba is one place I want to go - when were you there?
Member #

Offline RAD

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 09:01:51 PM »
Cuba (GTMO), Hong Kong, Philippines, Japan, Mexico, Canada,
Love to cook and eat

Offline MoHuka

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 09:11:15 PM »
Canada, Mexico, Panama, Venezuela, Brazil, Ecuador, Chile, Peru, Caymans, Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Afghanistan, UAE, Oman, Turkey, France, England, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, India, Thailand, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Okinawa, Italy, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Spain, Luxemburg

Every time I think I have them all I remember a couple more...

Lead a good life and treat your fellow man as you wish to be treated and the attendance at your funeral will be largely dependent on the weather
---------------------------
KCBS CBJ
Bradley 6-rack with PID and 2-element mod
REC TEC
SRG with Tommy Ring
Weber Genesis with Grill Grates
ANOVA Sous Vide

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 09:21:39 PM »
Canada, been to all provinces and territories.
USA, North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Arizona, California, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Utah, Nevada, Idaho.

Cuba, Mexico, Columba, Denmark, UK, Libya, Yemen, Syria, Russia

Tired several times to step on the Iraq border but to many army guys there :(
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 09:27:23 PM »
Canada, Mexico, Panama, Venezuela, Brazil, Ecuador, Chile, Peru, Caymans, Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Afghanistan, UAE, Oman, Turkey, France, England, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, India, Thailand, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Okinawa, Italy, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Spain, Luxemburg

Every time I think I have them all I remember a couple more...
Greg, I think you might be the winner  ;)

Offline flbentrider

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 09:35:40 PM »
Canada (Both eastern and western extremes, not the middle), Bahamas, Mexico, Jamaica, St. Lucia, (and other various Caribbean nations), Italy, Spain, France, Sicily, Libya, Cuba, Miami.