Author Topic: New Christmas Hot Tub for the Anova  (Read 7226 times)

Offline hikerman

New Christmas Hot Tub for the Anova
« Reply #-1 on: January 03, 2015, 03:57:34 PM »
Our oldest daughter got me a nifty present! It's a Cambro tub and lid. The tub dimensions are 12"X18"X9", and it holds
4.75 gal. Both the tub and lid needed to be trimmed in order to fit the Anova in. The tub needed the top lip trimmed and the side lip cut out to allow mounting of the Anova. The lid needed a cut-out to fit around the Anova body. All trimming and cutting was done using my knockoff dremmel cutting tool.
   This works great! I can now sous vide larger items than my canning kettle would allow and with the lid there is a lot less evaporation during long cooks.
On my next visit to Home Depot I plan on getting some reflective insulation board for the bottom, sides and top. I'll post pics when I get that attached.

[attachments deleted after 6 months]

Offline Pappymn

« on: January 03, 2015, 04:05:31 PM »
That is exactly what I want to do. Watched an 11 minute video of a guy who did this. Cambro is missing an opportunity to partner with Anova to create this product and slap a premium price on it.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline hikerman

Re: New Christmas Hot Tub for the Anova
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 04:09:36 PM »
Very true Pappy. Another nice thing is I can store the Anova in the tub too!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 04:17:10 PM »
That is exactly what I want to do. Watched an 11 minute video of a guy who did this. Cambro is missing an opportunity to partner with Anova to create this product and slap a premium price on it.

Looks like Cambro found another partner...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HFYUI0Q?psc=1

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 04:21:59 PM »
Looks good Gene, you should be able to SV a whole packer in that baby. ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline hikerman

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 04:55:05 PM »

That pkg. is about 700.00 more than what I have invested. That'll buy another cooker, fuel and beer for...well for quite a while

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 05:05:12 PM »

That pkg. is about 700.00 more than what I have invested. That'll buy another cooker, fuel and beer for...well for quite a while

Yeah but you save $249.05 on that deal. ::)
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 05:08:06 PM »

Yeah but you save $249.05 on that deal. ::)

;D ;D ;D
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 05:08:36 PM »

I didn't say it was a GOOD partner...  ;D

Member #

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 05:10:49 PM »
I know the name Cambro from the well insulated boxes to keep things hot - or cold. And one of our members here ( African Meat...?) used an insulated cooler to mount his SV in - looks like a good idea. Any way you can insulate the clear container Gene? Maybe even wrapping a towel around it?
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 05:20:57 PM »
Saw this lid earlier. 25 bucks for a lid seemed a bit steep. Not sure if it will work with yours or the cambro I have. People have been filling in the 2 inch gap with foil.
http://www.amazon.com/Cambro-1218SCCW135-Polycarbonate-Camwear-Container/dp/B0001MRVN6/ref=pd_sim_k_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1SCTWENGXW9DC8MRY9J0
Pappy

Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 05:24:03 PM »
Here is the link to the video I referenced. Looks exactly like Hikerman is doing.
Pappy

Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 05:38:31 PM »
Great video Pappy thanks for sharing. ;)
----------------------

Offline hikerman

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 05:41:16 PM »
Yep, that's the guide I've been following. I'm planning on attaching reflective insulation board with adhesive to lid and bottom. The sides I think that I'll use what he uses in video. Might be easier to clean with take-down sides. We'll see.   :-\

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 11:14:42 PM »
Nice choice on the container Gene! I like being able to see what is in the container while it cooks.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven