Author Topic: Trail Bologna -- updated  (Read 6204 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Re: Trail Bologna -- updated
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2014, 03:27:53 PM »
Looks delicious, needs some beer too!!!! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2014, 04:39:51 PM »
Those look fantastic!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline CANNON-MAN

Re: Trail Bologna
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2014, 11:18:56 PM »
Hey Kirby thanks for the info. I do have the meat pusher and the spray head for cleanup. I didn't think to roll the meat into logs. I was just trying to grab a handful and cram it in there. Next time I'll roll it into logs. Do you have to fabricate the fart eliminator thingy or is that something I can make? Also in one of your videos you have installed an electric pump to pull the water out instead of the drill powered pump. What type pump is that? Did you get it at Home depot or is it something special ordered?

Mike

Mike
I make the eliminator from a straight length of pex. Cut it to length and then I split it full length at a angle with a band saw. I then count my fingers to see if they are all there. I then use a grinder to make it thinner and grind the groves into it. The groves allow the air to escape. You need to buff the sharp edges off of all the groves so that it doesn't snag your casings. I have found the best price on the pump is at Northern tool company. Here is a link to the pump.

https://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?retry_ssl=1

I have several of them and have had good luck with them. We just made 150# of sausage today. All went well but my butt is dragging. I will post pictures later. We will smoke tomorrow.

By the way the sausage looks good to me.
Kirby
Kirby

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 05:50:23 AM »
Fantastic,wtg! :P :P
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline txpops

Re: Trail Bologna
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »

Mike
I make the eliminator from a straight length of pex. Cut it to length and then I split it full length at a angle with a band saw. I then count my fingers to see if they are all there. I then use a grinder to make it thinner and grind the groves into it. The groves allow the air to escape. You need to buff the sharp edges off of all the groves so that it doesn't snag your casings. I have found the best price on the pump is at Northern tool company. Here is a link to the pump.

https://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?retry_ssl=1

I have several of them and have had good luck with them. We just made 150# of sausage today. All went well but my butt is dragging. I will post pictures later. We will smoke tomorrow.

By the way the sausage looks good to me.
Kirby
Kirby

Thanks Kirby. I will try to make one someday. What size pex are you using?

The link you posted takes me to a yahoo login screen. I looked on the northern tool site and found this one. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200589679_200589679. Is this the right one?

Wow 150# of sausage. I can't imagine doing that much in a day. Hope you had lots of help. Please post pictures

Mike
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:49:00 AM by txpops »
Original Bradley smoker w/dual element mod
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil Beesr
Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »
how did i miss this ? it looks nice .
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline txpops

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2014, 11:08:48 AM »
I took a ring out of the freezer and had some for a snack yesterday. They were still good but somehow I think the smoke flavor got more intense in the freezer? I like a lightly smoked flavor and these are a little too much for me. I think next time I will cut the smoke time in half.

Mike
Original Bradley smoker w/dual element mod
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil Beesr
Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator

Offline RAD

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2014, 11:14:38 AM »
I took a ring out of the freezer and had some for a snack yesterday. They were still good but somehow I think the smoke flavor got more intense in the freezer? I like a lightly smoked flavor and these are a little too much for me. I think next time I will cut the smoke time in half.

Mike
I am sorry to hear about the over smoke flavor and you should send what is left to me (I will PM you my address) so I can properly discard to them.  :P
Love to cook and eat