Author Topic: EBOLA,are you prepared?  (Read 3028 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
EBOLA,are you prepared?
« Reply #-1 on: September 23, 2014, 04:00:20 PM »
CDC says could be 1.4 MILLION by Jan 2015!

Sierra Leone just had a 3 day lockdown,couldnt leave your home.

Now suppose the lockdown is 3 days,or 3 weeks,or 3 months,what would you do?

Do you have food,water,heat,lights,etc to get you through that period? IF this spreads,store shelves will be cleared in 1-2 DAYS,then what? FEMA camps?

Who knows,but its better to prepare than be left behind looking like a deer in the headlights.

Food for thought.....
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: EBOLA,are you prepared?
« on: September 23, 2014, 05:09:18 PM »
I guess we could all head down to <a href="http://www.metrolyrics.com/juniors-farm-lyrics-paul-mccartney.html">Junior's Farm</a> and lay low. :P :P :P
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 06:03:10 PM »
Easy solution

Napalm the entire region.......Done

We just saved 1.4 million people.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 08:48:55 PM »
I guess we could all head down to <a href="http://www.metrolyrics.com/juniors-farm-lyrics-paul-mccartney.html">Junior's Farm</a> and lay low. :P :P :P

Thanks LVC ::) ::) ::) ::) bad flashback.... :D :D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 09:27:10 PM »

Has nothing to do with a relationship with Timothy Leary, does it???  ::) ::) ::) :P :P :P
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline KyNola

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 11:09:32 PM »
We have a much bigger problem to worry about here than the Ebola virus.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 11:21:08 PM »

Has nothing to do with a relationship with Timothy Leary, does it???  ::) ::) ::) :P :P :P

Lucky guess there LVC.... ;D
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 02:13:52 AM »
1918 flu killed millions,black plague 1/3rd of Europe,a bug without a cure and so far a 50% kill rate at minimum WITH aggressive treatment.....nobody concerned at all?
1.4 million is no joke,at that rate the spread could go thru the roof very very fast.

If it came here hospitals would be overwhelmed fast.ICU beds are almost all filled now on a daily basis.There arent all kinds of ventilators just lying around. AND they are admitting they really dont know how its being spread?

The flu and the plague werent jokes.I went thru an old cemetery in central Ca one time and they had all these graves of families,side by side from the 1918 flu that were like Gramma,Dad,and 2 kids,all dead in a weeks time.Hit whole families hard.

I think a little thought wouldnt be a bad idea.And some preparation/insurance for taking care of our families,it if happens its already too late to do anything.

Learned that lesson when a freeze took out our water pipes and froze our drains solid,cant drink,cant wash dishes,cant go to the toilet,had just about a week  of that and it was tough going with all the rest around us intact,lesson learned.

Would you go to work if going out exposed you or your family to death?Betting most wont,and that could be a disaster for the grid,and no power means....no water,no sewers,and sewers backing UP into homes (DISEASE!),no food deliveries.etc etc etc.

Im with the Mormons' philosophy on this,get prepared for disasters.

My plan is lay low if it hits.I have drinking water, water filter and some food set by,and  to cook it with,and eat off of if I get quarantined,which so far has been about the only thing theyve come up with.And something to poop in,and something to keep my hands clean,just sayin'......

So whats the downside,and whats the upside? I see upside to having at least some sort of plan... works for floods,hurricanes,fires,etc.

Cant see any downside to insuring my family as best I can for disasters,just like my auto and health and home insurance,just another one.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 02:38:06 AM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 09:04:17 AM »
I think the humor driven response are a clear indication that this is one of these subjects that we all know could be important, but we hope it will not be.....it is a little un-comfortable for most of us to take head on as a subject, on a cooking forum per se...but I appreciate your concerns, and I do believe that some prudence is warranted.
So, plan for staying if possible should we have an issue....and - have lots of food and water available.

But - try to stay calm and be positive. Those are the 2 most important things you will learn in any real survival training.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline DWard51

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 11:54:10 PM »
Knock the dust off the Y2K plan, and restock on the same as before.

Unfortunately if it gets bad, isolation is the only way to let it burn it's self out.

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 03:56:48 AM »

Unfortunately if it gets bad, isolation is the only way to let it burn it's self out.

I guess my plan it to head North away from heavy populated areas. I agree with letting it burn it's self out. Let hope it does not come to that.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 09:23:38 AM »
Fortunately we live far enough out in the country that we can be self sufficient living off the land and working with like minded neighbors we can keep the zombies out beyond sniper range with ease.

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 11:57:12 AM »

I guess my plan it to head North away from heavy populated areas. I agree with letting it burn it's self out. Let hope it does not come to that.

If you'll forgive my being cheeky, CDN, judging by your map location, I think your idea of "heavily populated areas" is a little different from most folks!  :)

Tim's got a good point that being calm and positive is important with scary stuff like disease and natural disasters-- but staying calm and positive is a heck of a lot easier if you have food in your belly and safe water to drink!   

I certainly don't ascribe to some of the more extreme "doomsday prepper" stuff, but it's easy enough to build up a decent little pantry by buying a few extra items on grocery trips. 

MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 02:30:15 PM »

If you'll forgive my being cheeky, CDN, judging by your map location, I think your idea of "heavily populated areas" is a little different from most folks!  :)

Tim's got a good point that being calm and positive is important with scary stuff like disease and natural disasters-- but staying calm and positive is a heck of a lot easier if you have food in your belly and safe water to drink!   

I certainly don't ascribe to some of the more extreme "doomsday prepper" stuff, but it's easy enough to build up a decent little pantry by buying a few extra items on grocery trips.

Well put, I tend to focus on things that can be used to sustain us over the long haul rather than dry goods and such.

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 04:38:18 PM »
This is a very good thread on a very bad situation. Yesterday driving home from town, CBQ radio had an expert that has gone through something similar in I think 2004 or 2006 and said this is ten time worse because funding has been cut to the people who could have made a difference in the beginning of the outbreak. There is this video also that is pretty scary to think about. You can bet all goverments have been caught with their pants down. Lets hope they get them pulled up fast. If not god help us all.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/ebola-is-the-u-s-government-ready-for-a-possible-outbreak-baHez4XbTKqbiEL08rDJ2A.html