Author Topic: Cookout with Bremer: Part 2  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Jaxon

Cookout with Bremer: Part 2
« Reply #-1 on: October 15, 2015, 05:54:25 PM »
As you may know, IR2DUM made his migration from Houston to Wilmington Last weekend, stopping in here for a cookout.  Some of you may have figgered out that he has to drive BACK to Houston at some point in time.  Well, today was that day.  He left Wilmington real early this morning so he could get here in time for lunch (somehow he always manages to get here at mealtime).

We were ready for him today with those huge beef ribs - similar to what he served me out in central Texas last year.  I wasn't sure how to cook 'em so I watched Aaron Franklin cook some on YouTube - - and got the idea.  THEN I opened my official Aaron Franklin smokin' guide and read the step by step. 
I had to get up before breakfast this morning to start the offset, but she held steady at 285 whilst the ribs were kissed with smoke and yielded their juicy, tender, delicious goodness. 
As a matter of fact, he and I both took a couple of pictures.  Mine are in a format that won't fit on this site, so you'll just have to wait until he can post.  I'll just say they turned out.  We had asparagus, and baked potato on the side and homemade peach ice scream for dessert...oh, and Deb's chocolate chip cookies.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:44:07 AM by Jaxon »
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Cookout with Bremer: Part 2
« on: October 15, 2015, 06:04:18 PM »
So, now I'm hungry.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 07:21:51 PM »
your ribs may have been good, but if you want to step it up next time, try Sous Vide for 48 hours and then sear on a hot grill.  It is really good, but the only negative it the time it takes.

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 10:35:06 PM »
I guess we believe you cooked beef ribs Jaxon! Just sayin! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 07:37:39 AM »

Dang, Don, I wish I COULD post pics like you do.   You have 'em lined up in order showing each step of the process and the plated dish of excellence at the end. 
Of course, it would probably help if I could COOK like you.
My phone is so smart that it won't let me resize pictures to a compatable format.  It is more trouble posting pics than it is to cook the meal.
There HAS to be an easier way...one that let's me use the phone (Note 3).
<><

Offline TecCrash

• It's not just the grill smokin...
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 10:13:25 AM »
My phone is so smart that it won't let me resize pictures to a compatable format.  It is more trouble posting pics than it is to cook the meal.

I'm right there with you...  I have the Note 3 as well, and the only way I seem to be able to get the pics small enough is to take them off the phone and re-sioze them in Photoshop.  I thought maybe Tapatalk would help, but alas no....
Chris

OKJ Longhorn
Cook-Air
SRG
22.5 Weber Kettle
Camp Chef Explorer with Griddle
Generic Gasser - GONE - Got something else to store my stuff in.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 10:21:55 AM »

Dang, Don, I wish I COULD post pics like you do.   You have 'em lined up in order showing each step of the process and the plated dish of excellence at the end. 
Of course, it would probably help if I could COOK like you.

You had the photo guru Dee there at the cookout. He could have taught you in 10 minutes plus two difficult Boy Scout knots in the same sitting....
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 01:25:42 PM »

I think Aaron cooked em  :D :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 07:16:51 PM »

[/quote]

You had the photo guru Dee there at the cookout. He could have taught you in 10 minutes plus two difficult Boy Scout knots in the same sitting....
[/quote]

DUH!!  I was so busy with everything else I completely forgot about asking him.
<><

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 05:41:57 AM »
This is great video Thanks . i agree with cookiecdcmk i like to smoke the ribs for 2 hours low heat and then SV for 48 hours ,then  a quick sear .
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 03:05:26 AM »
I finally made it home and was reading about Jaxon's unicorn cook on Friday. Here's picture proof of that unicorn rib Backyard Jack served me. Apparently, unicorns do have ribs and they are a big boned animal and, I might add, mighty tasty, too. Jaxon really did a good job on the big bones, the corn, and the asparagus. It was all delicious. What blew me away was how Jaxon made homemade ice cream from scratch in about 2 minutes. It is so easy, so good, and so delicious. I hope he comes back to this thread and reveals his secret so everybody can enjoy this delectable treat. Thanks to Jaxon and Deb for putting up with me for two weekends in a row. I had the best time.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 03:35:27 AM »
I finally made it home and was reading about Jaxon's unicorn cook on Friday. Here's picture proof of that unicorn rib Backyard Jack served me. Apparently, unicorns do have ribs and they are a big boned animal and, I might add, mighty tasty, too. Jaxon really did a good job on the big bones, the corn, and the asparagus. It was all delicious. What blew me away was how Jaxon made homemade ice cream from scratch in about 2 minutes. It is so easy, so good, and so delicious. I hope he comes back to this thread and reveals his secret so everybody can enjoy this delectable treat. Thanks to Jaxon and Deb for putting up with me for two weekends in a row. I had the best time.

Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber