Author Topic: The Haicut  (Read 734 times)

Offline muralboy

The Haicut
« Reply #-1 on: April 05, 2016, 11:31:27 PM »
THE HAIRCUT
Blessed are those that can give without remembering, and take without forgetting.

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.'
The florist was pleased and left the shop.  When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop.
The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Congressman came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I can not accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Congressman was very happy and left the shop.  The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there
were a dozen Congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.

As Ronald Reagan said:
BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!
Keep Calm And Smoke On

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: The Haicut
« on: April 05, 2016, 11:33:09 PM »
 ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:28:14 AM by drholly »
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 11:48:38 PM »
:) :) :) Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Admin2

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 12:13:44 AM »
While the humorous lesson of this anecdote is not lost on us, please remember that "politics" is a subject laden with the land mines of social discord. That is why we generally consider it a topic best left outside the confines of LTBBQ. LTBBQ is based on common needs and desires - not divisive topics. It would be easy for this thread to turn into a source of judgement and contention amongst folks that otherwise, have developed friendships. What a loss of peace and tranquility that would be. Not to mention futile as nothing would be solved by said alienation of persons to one another.
We all have much more in common with one another than we have differences - if we leave politics out of this forum.
Additionally - we are an international group. We do not want to appear small-minded to our members and visitors that have no connection with or political wins, woes and wishes here in the USA.