Author Topic: Char Broil Center Cut lump charcoal  (Read 1782 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Char Broil Center Cut lump charcoal
« Reply #-1 on: July 28, 2016, 11:26:21 PM »
Looks interesting. You can use the ash in your garden. Ends the problem of one tree trunk in the bag with 20 lbs of dust and kibble  ;)

http://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil-2039-04-cu-in-Lump-Charcoal/999979266
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Ka Honu

Re: Char Broil Center Cut lump charcoal
« on: July 28, 2016, 11:58:44 PM »
At that price (about $2 per lb.) it oughta light itself, prep the food, pour the beer, wash the dishes, clean the grill, and take the dog for a walk. Jes' sayin'.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 08:26:09 AM »
At that price (about $2 per lb.) it oughta light itself, prep the food, pour the beer, wash the dishes, clean the grill, and take the dog for a walk. Jes' sayin'.
Yes you are right, but at least they didn't tell you to soak it in water first  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 09:03:42 AM »
Yes you are right, but at least they didn't tell you to soak it in water first  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Now Tommy, don't pull the tigers tail...er...I mean don't tap the turtles shell  :D :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 10:20:03 AM »

Now Tommy, don't pull the tigers tail...er...I mean don't tap the turtles shell :D :D
WHY not?  So much fun when he is on his soap box  shell  :D :D :D :D :D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 10:24:03 AM »

Now Tommy, don't pull the tigers tail...er...I mean don't tap the turtles shell :D :D
WHY not?  So much fun when he is on his soap box  shell  :D :D :D :D :D

;D ;D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline ericpete

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 10:35:27 AM »
Yeah - I saw that at my local Lowes - anybody here use this?  Was it any good or just overpriced hype? 

I'd love to buy lump without all the tiny bits that either fall through the grate or just choke the fire.

I go through a lot of lump in my BGE and might have to give it a try.  Most 20 lb bags of lump (Royal Oak, Cowboy, etc) always have about 15 to 20 % of pieces that are really just too small to do much with - I have a container full of gumball to tic-tac sized charcoal bits that I try to use on top of my burns just so it doesn't go to waste.

Maybe they will put it on sale in a few weeks as the typical grilling season winds down (I't is always grilling season at our place :-)  )

EP
[ KBQ C-60 | Large BGE | Lang Patio 36 | Weber Kettle | 90K BTU Wok Burner | Carbon Steel Wok | PitmasterIQ 120 | ThermaPen | ThermaQ ]