Author Topic: Foodsaver type vac bags  (Read 2548 times)

Offline DWard51

Foodsaver type vac bags
« Reply #-1 on: August 21, 2016, 11:28:58 PM »
I've been a foodsaver owner since the original Tilia model in the 1980's.  And lord knows I've tried just about every bag brand out there at one time or another.  I think I found my favorite and at a good price and wanted to let the group in on where I found them.

Foodsaver brand, good stuff, but pricey.  Unbranded with the secondary waffle strip down the middle, ok, but not great.  Seal-a-meal brand, found on sale at Walmart and they worked great but I figured there had to be something cheaper than even them at full price.

Last week I ordered pre cut bags from Webstaurauntstore.com.  I think I found a new favorite.  They carry the Ary Vacmaster line of precut and rolled "waffle" type bags for the foodsaver and other "external" type vacuum packaging machines.  They also have bags for chamber vac units, but I'm talking about the foodsaver and clones here.  I bought their gallon, quart, and pint sizes and was pretty dang impressed with the quality and especially the price.  A bag of 50 pint sized ones ran me $4.45 a pack in quantities of 4 or more.  The quart size ran $6.68 for 50 in quantities of 4, and the gallon ran $11.17 for 50 in quantities of 4.  I bought 4 packs of each size.  That should keep me in bags for a while.

In use they vacuum down solidly and seal just fine.  They are 3 mil and 3 ply bag where the foodsaver ones are 3 mil 2 ply bags. They are poly and nylon which from what I have read is the better type for longer term freezer storage.  They also have rolls, but most of their rolls were 50' long and will not fit inside my foodsaver housing (the price is excellent for the 50' roll though).  That is why I went with pre-cut since the price was really good for pre-cut.  They do have bigger bags if you have one of the oversized machines that can use them.

So if you going to need bags, you might want to give these a look.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/ary-vacmaster-947200-6-x-10-full-mesh-pint-size-external-vacuum-packaging-pouches-bags-3-mil-50-pack/120VBM947200.html

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/ary-vacmaster-947220-8-x-12-full-mesh-qt-size-external-vacuum-packaging-pouches-bags-3-mil-50-pack/120VBM947220.html

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/ary-vacmaster-947260-11-1-2-x-14-full-mesh-gallon-size-external-vacuum-packaging-pouches-bags-3-mil-50-pack/120VBM947260.html

Offline tomcrete1

Re: Foodsaver type vac bags
« on: August 22, 2016, 05:12:03 AM »
Thanks, that's a great tip!
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Steph

• A.K.A Mrs RG
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 08:03:43 AM »
How much did they charge for shipping? We usually get ours on Amazon with prime. We get 100 for $19.95 but yours might be cheaper even with shipping. Thanks!

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 09:34:58 AM »
I use a VacMaster Pro260, i put all sorts of bags thru mine with 0 problems. I pick up a VacMaster VP112S next month.

I recently bought some zip lock vac bags in the 8"x20' and 11"x20 that have worked very good.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:02:39 PM by nepas »
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 09:47:42 AM »
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 10:06:46 AM »
Thanks DW  I had just picked up a refurb V2222  from food saver  I hope they have bags for that
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline DWard51

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 12:43:30 PM »
Shipping was $11 total.  They have multiple warehouses across the country and ship from the closest one based on available stock.  I'm in McDonough, GA (just south of Atlanta).  Some of my items came from Albany, GA, Reno, NV and Middleton, PA.  I also ordered a few other small items, but keep in mind that $11 total was for shipping 600 bags from 3 parts of the country via FedEX.  I did have to pay $7.60 in state sales tax as they have a location in GA.

I checked the shipping weights of my 3 packages tracking info and they are 4 pounds, 8 pounds, and 6 pounds.  So $11 is a bargain to ship 18 pounds via FedEx to pretty much anywhere! I think they lost money on me on the shipping.  That is one of the reasons I bought 600 bags.  It may not be so much of a deal if you only buy 2 or 3 packs of 50 bags.  But it's not like bags have a shelf life either.

I'll be buying these again for sure.  (but with 600 bags and the last of my rolls on hand, it may be a while).

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 01:32:02 PM »
Shipping was $11 total.  They have multiple warehouses across the country and ship from the closest one based on available stock.  I'm in McDonough, GA (just south of Atlanta).  Some of my items came from Albany, GA, Reno, NV and Middleton, PA.  I also ordered a few other small items, but keep in mind that $11 total was for shipping 600 bags from 3 parts of the country via FedEX.  I did have to pay $7.60 in state sales tax as they have a location in GA.

I checked the shipping weights of my 3 packages tracking info and they are 4 pounds, 8 pounds, and 6 pounds.  So $11 is a bargain to ship 18 pounds via FedEx to pretty much anywhere! I think they lost money on me on the shipping.  That is one of the reasons I bought 600 bags.  It may not be so much of a deal if you only buy 2 or 3 packs of 50 bags.  But it's not like bags have a shelf life either.

I'll be buying these again for sure.  (but with 600 bags and the last of my rolls on hand, it may be a while).

May i add that I buy from them often......I think they are a very good company & what I like best is that they don't buy Cr__.  Great selections too!   
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Steph

• A.K.A Mrs RG
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 02:44:43 PM »

Cool thanks!  We're just right up the road from you in Conyers.

Offline DWard51

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 06:30:16 PM »
We're in Kelleytown which is about midway between McDonough and Conyers.

Offline rexster314

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 08:19:45 PM »
Funny, I have 3 50' rolls of 15" wide coming in tomorrow from Webstaurant store. Hoping I have the same luck. They were several dollars cheaper than most of the other sellers I have seen and shipping was reasonable as well.
Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline Steph

• A.K.A Mrs RG
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 08:25:04 PM »
We're in Kelleytown which is about midway between McDonough and Conyers.

I work off Kellytown Rd. Chafin Rd area. Small world.

Offline tailfeathers

• To blessed to be distressed!
Foodsaver type vac bags
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 11:34:56 PM »
I bought my VP112 from them and buy all my bags from them as well. I don't have to order often though because I buy the 1000 size cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bradley 6 rack digital w/ 900w mod
auber pid
Rec Tec 680
Ducane gasser
weber kettles
Anova precision SV
Kitchenaide mixer/chef's choice grinder
LEM stuffer
Vacmaster VP112 chamber sealer
A-maze-n Qmatz/tubes
Cabela's 10" slicer