Author Topic: Funny how things go in this great country  (Read 4773 times)

Offline tomcrete1

Re: Funny how things go in this great country
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 07:50:55 PM »
I have voted in every National Election since 1960 and this is the first time I did not vote  for who I thought best for the Republic but instead I voted against who I thought the worst.

I believe there were a lot who did just that! Time will tell, remember they said the same about RR
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 09:14:22 PM »
I have voted in every National Election since 1960 and this is the first time I did not vote  for who I thought best for the Republic but instead I voted against who I thought the worst.

I believe there were a lot who did just that! Time will tell, remember they said the same about RR
I don't remember people voting for the best of the worst but I did, after years of being a registered democrat, vote for what I thought was best for the Nation, Ronald Reagon.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 10:14:58 PM »

I don't remember people voting for the best of the worst but I did, after years of being a registered democrat, vote for what I thought was best for the Nation, Ronald Reagon.

At the time that's what it was called.  Carter or Reagon a lot stated that they voted for exactly the same as yesterday, just put into other words.
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 10:29:28 PM »

At the time that's what it was called.  Carter or Reagon a lot stated that they voted for exactly the same as yesterday, just put into other words.
O' I believe you Tom, I just don't remember it.  This old brain ain't what it use to be. lol
Art

The Big Easy

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 10:41:25 PM »

O' I believe you Tom, I just don't remember it.  This old brain ain't what it use to be. lol

Same here! Lol :D
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 03:02:57 AM »
The media is definitely biased. The polls were all over the map and drastically changed every day. And yet the media would pick one poll that was the most favorable for Hillary and use that one.

The problem is that they didn't poll the small towns all across the Midwest and South. Many people who showed up in large numbers. That is what caught them off guard IMHO.

Hillary out-spent Trump 10 to 1 and she still lost however. Trump did not need to spend much when he got all the publicity for free. He even fooled the press into promoting his new hotel opening lol.

It is really tough to win an election after a two-term president with low approval ratings in your same party. If you stand there and say "the last eight years have been great and I am going to carry on the same agendas" well your going to have a problem.

I am just stating my observations and not trying to side with one or the other. I personally did not have much excitement about either candidate and I am really done with the two party system.

Hoping for a positive next four years :thumbup:
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 08:02:50 AM »
I definitely remember hearing this boast after Bill was elected in '92..."the media determines the winning candidate. "
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Roget

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 10:12:51 AM »

Neither candidate was someone I would hand pick.
I definitely think there were more qualified individuals for the job.
I have always been a dyed in the wool ................, but had a hard time forcing myself to vote at all this time.

Let's just hope he doesn't screw it up for the party whose name he ran on.
I pray he does a terrific job, & does indeed "make our country great again"
For the first time in many years I have hope that our country is on the right path again.

Time will tell. It always does.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline Subvet

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2016, 05:29:46 PM »
In the days of "greats" like Cronkite and the like.....you could count on the NEWS as being defined as WHAT happened.... It was up to you to decide how you felt about it. Not anymore, however.
Today, "news" is always shaped or tilted to support an agenda or political philosophy. The dumbing down of America is such that we have allowed the "talking heads" to not mrely report, rather they now create a message which cause most to emotionalize about HOW the information is being delivered.
This has de-legitimized "the news" for me.
I no longer am a willing victim of their desire to make salacious tales to gossip about.... rather than just the facts.

Believe none of what you hear...and only half of what you see...

Perfectly stated. We no longer watch the evening news broadcasts. Why allow yourself to get irritated? I sure miss the days of Cronkite and Huntley/Brinkley.
-- Ron --
The Good One Open Range Smoker/Grill
Grilla OG
Weber Genesis III
Weber 22"  Master Touch Kettle
Grill Grates
Vortex (Medium)
Slow 'n Sear
Drip 'n Grill

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2016, 05:54:16 PM »
Perfectly stated. We no longer watch the evening news broadcasts. Why allow yourself to get irritated? I sure miss the days of Cronkite and Huntley/Brinkley.
I also.  Those were the day when news reporters reported the news.

Now so call news reporters start with their own or network's agenda and report only that which supports their agenda.
Art

The Big Easy

Offline Wingman

• Central Maine
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2016, 07:40:33 PM »
I thought this was a food forum.  Well, maybe there is something being cooked. (emoji of your choice goes here)
"You will thank us for smoking."

Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Spirit E310
Weber Performer Premium
MAK 1 Star #184
Bradley OBS #968,312

Offline hikerman

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 07:47:39 PM »
The last evening news broadcasts that we enjoyed were the McNeill-Lehrer Report that were on PBS.
Liked Cronkite (once voted the most trusted man in America), and Huntley-Brinkley. Met Chet Huntley many years ago in Montana. My favorite news program of all time was CBS's  Sunday Morning News with Charles Kuralt. Those were the days!

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 08:10:59 PM »
I thought this was a food forum.  Well, maybe there is something being cooked. (emoji of your choice goes here)

Your right! This is a food forum! It's hard not to keep going when we talk politics, I'm guilty of just that! :D
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 08:13:09 PM »

Your right! This is a food forum! It's hard not to keep going when we talk politics, I'm guilty of just that! :D

It is also a free country! This is a break for the moment
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 08:56:54 PM »

It is also a free country! This is a break for the moment
+1
Art

The Big Easy