Author Topic: Traeger Timberline Wi-Fi Pellet Grill  (Read 6998 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Traeger Timberline Wi-Fi Pellet Grill
« Reply #-1 on: January 24, 2017, 06:05:57 PM »
Sounds and looks like Traeger might be getting a bit serious......... a larger version is supposed to be available in a couple months after this initial release

http://ashsupplygrills.com/traeger-timberline-850-wifire-pellet-grill/
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline tomcrete1

Re: Traeger Timberline Wi-Fi Pellet Grill
« on: January 24, 2017, 06:42:20 PM »
Sounds and looks like Traeger might be getting a bit serious......... a larger version is supposed to be available in a couple months after this initial release

http://ashsupplygrills.com/traeger-timberline-850-wifire-pellet-grill/

Interesting... No stack on it
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 07:21:15 PM »
Wonder what the size of of he new model will be?
Looks like it went to Europe first and here is Germany's data with a price of 2499 Euro or $2681.20.  Germany does slam the import tax on.
http://www.mybbq.de/Traeger-Timberline-850-Pellet-Grill

Does not weigh very much.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline Smokin Soon

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 12:07:14 AM »
Glad to see them still in the game, making improvements to compete. Still not sure about the Wi-Fi thing.
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 10:16:46 AM »
I also just can't figure out "why" wi-fi is needed.......I just set my temp and off I go.............but I guess the younger crowd will probably utilize it better than this old buzzard........................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 05:55:44 PM »
Word on the net is that the small model is going to retail for 1399 and the larger one for 1999..............venturing into the Mak,Yoder price range now............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline LarryO1947

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 07:58:36 AM »
Word on the net is that the small model is going to retail for 1399 and the larger one for 1999..............venturing into the Mak,Yoder price range now............

22" Weber Premium
SNS
PBC
Char Griller Akorn
IQ110
Rec Tec-Mini
Thermoworks Smoke
Maverick ET-733
Thermapen MK4
Thermopop

Larry

Offline LarryO1947

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 08:01:12 AM »
I also just can't figure out "why" wi-fi is needed.......I just set my temp and off I go.............but I guess the younger crowd will probably utilize it better than this old buzzard........................

Totally Agree...... :thumbup:
22" Weber Premium
SNS
PBC
Char Griller Akorn
IQ110
Rec Tec-Mini
Thermoworks Smoke
Maverick ET-733
Thermapen MK4
Thermopop

Larry

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 11:00:03 AM »
Sorry, but there is no way I'd buy a Traeger over a MAK..   

When I bought my Rec-Tec I had looked at MAK, the 500.00 difference was enough for me to say no.   I do wish I had the 500.00 saved up I would have gotten the MAK.   

BUT, I do love my Rec-Tec though  :thumbup:
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 01:45:17 PM »
I am with you Tommy. We have had our pro series Traeger for about a week and that new controller runs this big grill with real tight temps. Way more solid construction than I anticipated.

However, if I spent 2 grand on something other than a Mak, I would expect you to leave Bama, pick up forum members on the way to So-Cal, and when you all got here, I would expect a good tail whooping from every single one of ya..... ;D

Now that new Camp Chef has got my wheels turning  ;) ;)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 02:29:57 PM »

At a young age of 67 I reckon I'm just part of that "younger crowd" that utilizes technology like Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth  :D  :D ... I love technology!!!

I personally often will cook/smoke/roast/etc using different temperatures and internal temperatures which trigger changes/tweaks during the cook. For example: I might smoke something for an hour at 180ºF then bump the pit temp to 350ºF till I reach a desired internal temperature. I also like being able to set different alarms - at my young age I tend to forget now and then to perform a step cause I'm busy doing something else - so I'll take all the help I can get.

Besides, I spend a lot of time in my home office working on my Blog or designing and maintaining websites and I sometimes get so wrapped up in what I'm doing that I like the gentle reminders to tweak my MAK. No matter what, I'm able to communicate with my grill and monitor or control every aspect of the cook using a Bluetooth remote control unit. With the Wi-Fi I can do everything and then some that the Bluetooth can do from anywhere across the internet using a phone, tablet, or PC.

You say "potaaaato" and I say "potato" ...  :D  :D  8)
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 03:32:13 PM »

At a young age of 67 I reckon I'm just part of that "younger crowd" that utilizes technology like Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth  :D  :D ... I love technology!!!

I personally often will cook/smoke/roast/etc using different temperatures and internal temperatures which trigger changes/tweaks during the cook. For example: I might smoke something for an hour at 180ºF then bump the pit temp to 350ºF till I reach a desired internal temperature. I also like being able to set different alarms - at my young age I tend to forget now and then to perform a step cause I'm busy doing something else - so I'll take all the help I can get.

Besides, I spend a lot of time in my home office working on my Blog or designing and maintaining websites and I sometimes get so wrapped up in what I'm doing that I like the gentle reminders to tweak my MAK. No matter what, I'm able to communicate with my grill and monitor or control every aspect of the cook using a Bluetooth remote control unit. With the Wi-Fi I can do everything and then some that the Bluetooth can do from anywhere across the internet using a phone, tablet, or PC.

As long as its easy to use and understand, I'm with you Pete!
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 03:39:07 PM »

I just turned 68 Pete and I wholeheartedly agree with everything you just said!  ;)
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator