Author Topic: Early Mother's Day Present  (Read 1912 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Early Mother's Day Present
« Reply #-1 on: May 01, 2020, 04:31:51 PM »
I have gotten my wifed hooked on watching "Sam The Cooking Guy" on YouTube. He has a very cool flat top grill called an "Evo".

I guess that grill caught her eye so she found a far less fancy round flat top. It's a Cuisinart 360 Flat Top, normally a $300.00 deal but she found it at Walmart for $124.00 and she wanted me to go see if they actually had one in stock. Not every Walmart has them but the one she found it at is on my way to/from work so I swung by today to see if they had it. They did!

We already have a 4 burner Camp Chef Flat Top but she wanted this one, so.........

She's seasoning as I write this. Maybe it'll be ready to cook on for tonight's dinner (if we don;t run out of gas first!)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Pappymn

Re: Early Mother's Day Present
« on: May 01, 2020, 07:19:27 PM »
I'd watch more of his videos of they were shorter. Cool new toy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline RG

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 07:29:36 PM »
I watch them on a fairly regular basis. He's NOT the best cook but he's funny!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline BillC

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 11:34:30 PM »
That's interesting, I haven't seen one of those before. Looking forward to seeing how you like it! 

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 07:14:21 AM »
I would like 1 Tepenyaki Beef and 1 Hibachi Beef and 1 Mongolian Beef to go please! ;D Looks like a fun tool.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline RG

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 07:35:13 AM »
I would like 1 Tepenyaki Beef and 1 Hibachi Beef and 1 Mongolian Beef to go please! ;D Looks like a fun tool.

Coming up! :)

Offline RG

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 07:37:58 AM »
That's interesting, I haven't seen one of those before. Looking forward to seeing how you like it!

It's a nifty little gadget I'd say. For the price it's a no brainer. We already have a flat top that rarely gets used but you know the old saying - Happy Wife = Happy Life :)

Offline BillC

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 09:14:04 AM »

It's a nifty little gadget I'd say. For the price it's a no brainer. We already have a flat top that rarely gets used but you know the old saying - Happy Wife = Happy Life :)

Yeah, that's a great price for sure.

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 11:50:49 AM »
watching...I need something quick,  for the camper. Instead of lighting my Weber, which I love or my Cobb.    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 12:32:57 PM »
What a steal at that price.  Just checked my local Walmart and they are selling for $396. :(

Offline RG

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 02:39:52 PM »
What a steal at that price.  Just checked my local Walmart and they are selling for $396. :(

That most likely is for the XL version, it's a good bit larger with a second shelf if memory serves.

Offline RG

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 02:43:06 PM »
watching...I need something quick,  for the camper. Instead of lighting my Weber, which I love or my Cobb.    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

This might work for you, here's last night's cook she did on it, for a size perspective : https://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=24243.msg305219;topicseen#msg305219

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2020, 07:30:05 AM »

I had to go to Walmart yesterday and of course I just had to check out the outdoor cooking stuff. Lol...... I saw the bigger version of this griddle. It is a monster of a cooker! Very cool! I just don't think I'd like to have to clean up that drip tray all around it. It was like almost $400.00. Nice but I think having a sidewall to help keep stuff from falling off on to the drip tray is handy.
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2020, 07:37:13 AM »
She's going to love it.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2020, 09:02:18 PM »
I currently have a Blackstone griddle that I barely use because anytime the wind is blowing, even slightly, the flames either go out or flicker so much it affects the heating.  Also, the grease collection is non-existent as it drips everywhere except in the grease tray.  I am very intrigued by this griddle.  It seems from some of the videos I watched on YouTube that wind is not a factor and the grease drips nicely over the edge of the griddle surface and then into the grease tray.  I checked the nearby Walmarts but all they have is the XL.  Please keep updating regarding how the griddle performs.
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill