Author Topic: Why won't my kids eat?  (Read 935 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Re: Why won't my kids eat?
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 01:23:39 AM »
This all sounds familiar, here I thought my kids were odd! My kids are now 40 and 43! When I grew up we all ate whatever was prepared or you went hungry. We ate dinner at 12 noon and supper was 5 or 5:30. My wife and I were the same way, my son was the picky one and my daughter was a little better. We probably only ate fast food once a week. I think the only veggie my son would eat was corn. We always tried to get them to taste something. My grandson is pretty good and will eat a lot of different things. He loves veggies, cooked or raw. His Mom & dad are veggies but he will eat meat, and they think he eats healthy but to me he eats way too many snacks. He is allergic to dyes in food so we have to watch what he eats. At home I think about 75 % of their meals they each have something different and don't necessarily eat at any certain time, just whenever they get hungry. He comes here after school every night and his Mom picks him up when she gets home from work. Sometimes he will eat something here before he goes home. The other night I was fixing pork and stir fry veggies to have over rice and when he looked at it in the skillet he said Mom can I stay here and eat? He stayed and ate a big plate full and Grandma took him home. Matbe I'll do better with him than I did with my kids! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline SiFumar

Re: Why won't my kids eat?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 01:40:17 AM »
My boys grew up "military poor".  Rarely if ever had fast food.  Everything I cooked was from scratch.  They were not picky eaters at all.  Then they got older and found women who don't cook.  They like restaurant food now....until they come home and then they want home cooking. Go figure!
Pit Barrel Cooker
Bradley Original
Bradley Counter Top
SRG
Char Broil Grill