Author Topic: New rub idea....  (Read 326 times)

Offline dawrecknq

New rub idea....
« Reply #-1 on: June 02, 2013, 09:48:48 PM »
Wanted to change up my usual rub for some ribs for a Doctor and his Wife; who let me borrow their enclosed trailer to haul everything down to Moore. I found some dehydrated orange peel in bulk spice store, while looking for apple powder. Added a couple Tspoons to my recipe. They reported that they were absolutely delicious and some of the best bark they have tasted. Gonna have to play with it a few more times....but it sounds like they really liked them. Even asked my Wife if I could do a few for a get together.....duh!!!
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: New rub idea....
« on: June 02, 2013, 11:26:32 PM »
I too want to experiment with citrus flavors in my rubs and sauces.  Looking forward to hearing your results.  Tommy has done some things with honey powder that sounds interesting. I have tried it yet.  I seems as if there is always something new coming on board with all the smart people here. Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: New rub idea....
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 11:57:12 PM »
Sounds like something good to add to a rub. Orange zest is a great flavor accent ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven