Author Topic: Costco Membership for Father's Dayy  (Read 865 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Costco Membership for Father's Dayy
« Reply #-1 on: June 19, 2013, 02:35:27 PM »
My youngest daughter gave me a membership in Costco as a Father's Day gift.  I've never been a member of Sam's or Costco and am wondering about some of the advantages and good deals to be had.  I know a number of y'all have memberships and seem pretty pleased and I'm asking what to do there and expect.  Thanks, Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Costco Membership for Father's Dayy
« on: June 19, 2013, 02:38:50 PM »
You are going to be like a kid in a candy store Dee!

Costco has great meats -( as does Sam's ) at some very good prices. And they have everything else you can think of. Fresh produce, great wine selection, clothing, prescription eyewear and drugs,  etc, etc....
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Sailor1

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 03:40:27 PM »
First thing to do is get a foodsaver.  Pick one up and extra bags.  Then go to the meat counter and load up on meat to smoke (remember that you have the foodsaver to vac pack now).  Then head over to the produce section and load up.  Then to the coolers to load up on cheddar cheese so you can smoke that.  They got nuts close to the check out so you can load up on nuts to smoke.  You might want to bring your wife cause you may need 2 baskets  ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:23:09 PM by Sailor1 »

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Offline DK117

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 03:45:02 PM »
let me know if your Costco has tri tip in GA.  Pacific Northwest, Costco is the go-to place for tri tip.

DK117
Traeger Texas 075
Vermont Castings Signature Series Natural Gas Grill

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 03:46:39 PM »
Dee they also have great deals on digital cameras! And bulk packages of adult diapers for cheap! ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:14:32 PM »
dee - How much you'll like Costco kinda depends on how good your commissary and PX are and how much you shop there. I find that if I can buy it at the commissary or PX it's usually (but not always) cheaper but we buy lots of things from Costco that the commissary & PX don't carry.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 04:16:37 PM »
Ahh.. the 300 dollar store. I love the meats they sell. With 3 kids I cant get out of a trip there for under $300.00.
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline RickB

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 05:50:25 PM »
let me know if your Costco has tri tip in GA.  Pacific Northwest, Costco is the go-to place for tri tip.

DK117

Yes they do in the ATL area. And the best part is the have whole prime boneless rib roasts for less than $10 a pound!

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 06:21:19 PM »
I recently renewed my Costco membership after a few years away. I have a Sam's and a Costco both about 2 miles from my house. I was using Sam's because my wife used to smoke and I could get her drug there cheaper. I hit Sam's at least once a week  and start getting withdrawals if I can't. Costco does have tri-tips here in the Birmingham store but I have not pulled the trigger yet. They also have Prime cuts of meat at a cheaper price than the high end meat markets do. Gasoline is usually cheaper at Sam's and Costco too. Right now Costco has a 3 burner CampChef stove for around $150 I think which is half the price of the CampChef website. It comes with a cast iron roasting pan too. I bought my CampChef stove at Costco probably 8 or more years ago and it is my favorite outdoor cooking tool.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:46:17 PM by TwoPockets »
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »
Turtle,  We  have an outstanding commissary at Ft Gordon.  For some reason I don't go to the PX much although it's very good also.

I look forward to going probably Sunday as I'm going to meet Don and Albert at Jaxon's Friday afternoon and evening.  I don't think Bel Tone, which Jaxon owns there in Byron, has a urinalysis tests for drugs because he has challenged me to a rib throw down.  So, if there are no posts from him for a few weeks after Friday you'll know he is suffering from humiliation syndrome and severe depression.  If he does post Friday night or early Saturday you'll know I threw the throw down to save the strain on his mental state.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 07:40:35 PM »
I have had a Costco card for 10 years now. I went once during Christmas.......haven't been back since. My gal goes all the time though. Check for Tri-Tips. 

Costco carries quality merchandise..you won't see no Tendarub on the shelves  ;D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 07:42:47 PM »
What!!!! No Tendrarub!!! ??? ??? :o :o I ain't a goin'.  Dee

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 07:54:14 PM »
They have boneless poke butts and good Lobster tails, their entire meat section is awesome. If you buy something keep your receipt out until you get out the door cause they got these people at the exit that get paid to pinstripe your receipt with a highlighter ;)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 08:08:54 PM »
Key,  That reminds me of the PX at Tay Nihn in Viet Nam had a  girl at the door who would have to do the same thing with a marker across your receipt.  Once, when we were back there for a couple of days,  my battalion commander who was a tobacco chewing fellow from SC was going to the door with two sacks, one in each arm, when the girl asked to see his receipt.  He told her it was in one of the sacks.  She said she still had to see it.  Well, he didn't have a temper with a short fuse.  He had a temper with no fuse.  He started cussin', threw the sacks on the floor, and started telling the folks their what they could do with the receipt and the goods that were now scattered all over the floor.  He was one tough commander.  Dee

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »
Dee Costco also will carry different items at different stores. They tend to cater to their area where the store is located. Unfortunately in my area they carry a very small selection of prime cut beef due to the local economy.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven