Author Topic: June Gathering  (Read 606 times)

Offline Jaxon

June Gathering
« Reply #-1 on: June 19, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »
Y'all, were are having a June Gathering at our house this weekend.  Don is coming in from Houston Friday (Capt Jack wouldn't come with him);  Dee will be coming in around noon Friday; Albert and Sylvia will be flying in early Friday.

We plan to have a St Louis Rib throw down between Albert, Dee, and me with Don, Sylvia, and Deb as the judges.  I guess Don will be the only non-partial judge.  Each of us will have a rack of ribs to prep and cook.  We can use the Quantum grill, the offset, the MES, the charcoal grill, or the barrel smoker (that one could win it all).  They have been told to bring their own seasonings / rubs.  We'll let you know if I win.   8)
With Dee here, we will probably be having a lengthy lying competition (I won't stand a chance).  Those of you who know Don (IR2DUM) know that he could give Dee a run for his money.  ;)

We'll try to bring you pictures -with or without Dee's help - soon as we can...maybe a video. 

I didn't send out written invites, but if you're gonna be in the area this weekend, we'd love to see you.  That's right of I-75 in The middle of GA.  Just follow the smoke...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline RickB

Re: June Gathering
« on: June 19, 2013, 05:55:32 PM »
Y'all, were are having a June Gathering at our house this weekend.  Don is coming in from Houston Friday (Capt Jack wouldn't come with him);  Dee will be coming in around noon Friday; Albert and Sylvia will be flying in early Friday.

We plan to have a St Louis Rib throw down between Albert, Dee, and me with Don, Sylvia, and Deb as the judges.  I guess Don will be the only non-partial judge.  Each of us will have a rack of ribs to prep and cook.  We can use the Quantum grill, the offset, the MES, the charcoal grill, or the barrel smoker (that one could win it all).  They have been told to bring their own seasonings / rubs.  We'll let you know if I win.   8)
With Dee here, we will probably be having a lengthy lying competition (I won't stand a chance).  Those of you who know Don (IR2DUM) know that he could give Dee a run for his money.  ;)

We'll try to bring you pictures -with or without Dee's help - soon as we can...maybe a video. 

I didn't send out written invites, but if you're gonna be in the area this weekend, we'd love to see you.  That's right of I-75 in The middle of GA.  Just follow the smoke...

Pm me with you location and I'll see if I can get down there.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 06:00:30 PM »
Wish things were not so crazy here, sounds like good time Jack.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 11:16:03 PM »
Jaxon, I can't wait to see everyone Friday. I guess cuz Jack doesn't like my driving skills or I'm sure he would have come along.

As far as the lying competition goes, watch out!! Dee and I practiced for several hours last Monday during lunch and it turns out that we're pretty good at it.

RickB, hope that you can make it. I would love to meet you.

Ken, sorry that you can't make it. I hope to see you at the Fall Gathering.

Offline Albert Rivera

• Albert is a"Foodie"
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 08:41:12 AM »

We plan to have a St Louis Rib throw down between Albert, Dee, and me with Don, Sylvia, and Deb as the judges.  I guess Don will be the only non-partial judge.  Each of us will have a rack of ribs to prep and cook.  We can use the Quantum grill, the offset, the MES, the charcoal grill, or the barrel smoker (that one could win it all).  They have been told to bring their own seasonings / rubs. We'll let you know if I win.    8)With Dee here, we will probably be having a lengthy lying competition (I won't stand a chance).  Those of you who know Don (IR2DUM) know that he could give Dee a run for his money.  ;)

The truth is hidden within already!
God bless you,
Albert

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 09:28:16 AM »
Albert..come get me and I will go too..LOL. Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 09:50:45 AM »
Sounds like a great time.

I gotta save my pennies. Going to Iowa in August, then down to Tulsa and onto Nola then back to prep for fall gathering again.

Ya'll have fun and take pics.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.