Author Topic: Latest artcile - pellet poopers  (Read 818 times)

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
Latest artcile - pellet poopers
« Reply #-1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:41:50 AM »
My latest article is up on the Fiery Foods SuperSite. Hope you enjoy...

http://www.fiery-foods.com/component/content/article/3199-pellet-cookers-an-outdoor-cooks-best-friend

Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Latest artcile - pellet poopers
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:51:29 AM »
Nice job. Even though I've been looking at these cookers for some time now, this article helped - laying the information out in an easy to understand fashion. Thank you.

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 12:02:54 PM »
Thanks for the link..

I can't see a pellet grill in my future yet, but I haven't entirely ruled it out. The MES is a type of pellet pooper.  I can set the temp and the cook time and let it go.  Just have to add pellets as needed and that's only for an hour or so.  Though it may cook for 6 hours, I may add smoke for the first hour or two. With 4 racks I can probably cook 10 to 12 racks of ribs if I NEED to...or cook 4 butts at a time.

B T W, Mike I have your BBQ in hand now.  It is a GREAT resource.  Deb really likes the equivalents you've included along with the substitution charts, etc.  Really good book.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »
Enjoyed the article.  I'm more than happy with my pellet pooper but I've already forwarded your link to a couple of friends looking to buy a pellet grill.  Thanks for the info ...
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 07:19:01 PM »
good article w/ good information.   8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 09:45:43 PM »
I totally enjoy all your articles Cheff
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline hikerman

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 07:39:26 AM »
Another excellent job Mike! Enjoyed reading it, and it's a great source for those thinking of buying a pellet grill for the first time, or for those wanting to upgrade. As Sgt. Joe Friday used to say,"Just the facts ma'am"!  Keep those articles coming...
Gene

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »
You are all to kind... thank you for the nice words.

Mike
Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »
Good article but I don't know why I even bother.  The only time you see "pellet cooker" and "Hawaii" in the same sentence it also includes the words, "cannot be shipped to."
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline GrillGeek

• www.pelletgrilloutfitters.com
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 07:07:58 PM »
Ka Honu,

I'm pretty sure there's a GMG dealer over there now. I spoke with him a few months back...

Owner of Simi Pellet Grills- The Pellet Grill Outfitters
www.pelletgrilloutfitters.com

805-285-2618

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 10:10:22 PM »
GG - I've heard there's a garden center across the island that was considering them as a sideline but don't know if it ever happened.  I'll give them a call one of these days.  Thanks.

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 11:32:55 PM »
Good article but I don't know why I even bother.  The only time you see "pellet cooker" and "Hawaii" in the same sentence it also includes the words, "cannot be shipped to."

Ka Honu, there is a part of me that feels bad for you...  :'(

On the other hand, there is the part of me that lived in Hawaii for a few years and would gladly sacrifice almost any convenience to be back there (SWMBO won't go...) I would go back to my original hibachi just to live on the beach one more time.

I do understand your frustration and I empathize. However, I do miss the island...

David
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 11:52:48 PM »
On the other hand, you couldn't pay me enough to live in Minnesota.  Just after the air traffic strike in '81 I saw a flyer soliciting transfers to a facility in Apple Valley, MN. They were painting an idyllic picture of how great it was to live there and describing the amenities - among them, "plug-ins" in the parking lot at work.  Back then I didn't know what a plug-in was so I asked a guy who used to live there.  He told me and I swore I'd never ever live in a place that even had a word for such a thing.  It's been a good decision.

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 12:35:19 AM »
On the other hand, you couldn't pay me enough to live in Minnesota.  Just after the air traffic strike in '81 I saw a flyer soliciting transfers to a facility in Apple Valley, MN. They were painting an idyllic picture of how great it was to live there and describing the amenities - among them, "plug-ins" in the parking lot at work.  Back then I didn't know what a plug-in was so I asked a guy who used to live there.  He told me and I swore I'd never ever live in a place that even had a word for such a thing.  It's been a good decision.

Cannot disagree... My daughters are on board with the move. But SWMBO will not budge...  :'(
Member #