Author Topic: Money  (Read 809 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Money
« Reply #-1 on: January 04, 2014, 10:51:15 AM »
You have heard people say, "Money ain't everything".  Well, let me tell you what money does.

Money gives you options that otherwise you wouldn't have.  It gives you options as to where to live, what to eat, what car to drive, what clothes to wear, where to vacation, where to send your kids to school, what health care you provide, what to leave to your family and others you care about, and the list goes on and on.  Money allows you to do things for yourself and others that you would never have been able to do otherwise.

I'm not saying money is the most important thing in your life, which it should not be, I'm just trying to put in perspective of what good it can do.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Albert Rivera

• Albert is a"Foodie"
Re: Money
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:56:53 AM »
Bernadette Peters said " Money, money,... I don't love money, I love what money buys"
God bless you,
Albert

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 02:16:46 PM »
It doesn't bring you happiness, but it helps keep a lot of the reasons for unhappiness at bay.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 02:21:05 PM »
Money buys cooking equipment :P
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 02:25:21 PM »
MOney can't buy love.

BUT - it can rent some for a while……. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:33:53 PM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 02:28:50 PM »
Life would pretty hard without it  ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 04:49:26 PM »
I have found money on the beach three times. First time I was 8 years old and I found a wallet in Newport Oregon that had about $2500 dollars in it. Being the honest Mormon boy I was raised to be I promptly gave it to my grandmother of which I was staying with. She contacted the owner which come to find out had landed his plane on the beach and it fell out when he was picnicking. We met up with him and he gave us a $500 dollar reward and my goofy grandmother (god bless her soul) gave it back and said all I need is $20. WTF.....

The second time I was nineteen years old. I was at a campground in Ocean shores Washington. I found another wallet on the trails leading to the beach. It had about $350 dollars in it. As I was walking back to the campground another young man ask me if I had found a wallet and of course I returned it to him no questions asked. He did not even offer a reward.

The third time I found a wallet I was probably 25 and was in Port Angelus Washington. It was a small purse and a ladies wallet sitting on a log that washed up on the beach. It had about $85 in it all ones, fives and a bag full of change. I drove directly to the police station and turned the purse over to the authorities. I walked in and told them I had found it on the beach and would like to turn it in, they said don't you want to leave your name and I said no I prefer to remain anonymous.

If I ever find another wallet I'm going to keep every damb dime that's in it. True story

Offline Albert Rivera

• Albert is a"Foodie"
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 04:58:37 PM »
Keymaster says: "If I ever find another wallet I'm going to keep every damb dime that's in it. True story"

I bet not!
God bless you,
Albert

Offline Cinredman

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 05:39:15 PM »
Actually, the ability to "manage your money" provides you all those things Dee!

Personally, I am indebted to my mom for teaching me how to manage my personal finances, which begins and ends with living "below your means" and never trying to "keep up with the jones".

As a family of 5 with a wife who made the sacrifice to stay at home to raise our kids (very personal decision; please, I'm not judging anyone!!!), we made many sacrifices during those early years. Limited vacations, used cars, waiting for sales, deferred desires, etc.

The way I look at it, we sacrificed a good many things during our late 20's, 30's and even into our 40's.

But, as we both approach our 50's, we find ourselves rather rewarded with a financial "soundness" and true freedom without feeling like a prisoner to our jobs
Weber Silver
Weber Kettle
Big Easy SRG
Chef Camp Pellet (PG24LTD)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 06:03:04 PM »
Money buys cooking equipment :P

I can attest to this one Mike!  ;)
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »
I was a millionaire on paper for a short time till the Democrats took control of congress in the last two years of Bush. Not any more.

Like they say, money can't buy you happiness, but it can rent it for a while. Right now I buy happiness a six pack and a slab of ribs at a time.

Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware