Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 643 times)

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
Thank you
« Reply #-1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:54:56 AM »
I've recently received a few messages from folks here asking if they could copy my recipes to their websites.

First, thank you for asking. Many folks (none on LTBBQ) would just steal the recipes and call them their own. I've seen a lot of my recipes on various websites, most without attribution.

LTBBQ members are more than welcomed to copy/ use/ repost any of the recipes I post here or those on my website... all I ask is attribution.

It shows the class of folks here which is one of the reasons that this is the only forum I'm on.

Mike

Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Thank you
« on: January 30, 2014, 09:03:35 AM »
Mike -
I am happy to hear of this. It just proves that, like in cooking - the best ingredients yield the best product.  It  also says that our folks are genuine in the feelings of respect and friendship for one another here.

Really, really happy to know this.

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Rummm

• If you're lookin you ain't cookin!
    • Ask-A-Butcher
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 09:10:38 AM »
I had to put a disclaimer on my page...........as I found several of my recipes on various bbq forums, etc. Not only was the recipe verbatim, they used my photo's too!!

All of the recipes and photo's on this site/forum have been developed by me and the photo's have been taken by me, unless otherwise stated.

They are FREE for your own personal use and enjoyment.

PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE THESE RECIPES AND PHOTO'S TO ANOTHER PUBLICATION WITHOUT MY PERMISSION OR AT LEAST GIVE CREDIT TO THE AUTHOR OR SOURCE.

Thank you for your cooperation.
"Culture is what your butcher would have if he were a surgeon.''

http://www.ask-a-butcher.com

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 11:52:05 AM »
I don't at this time have one original BBQ or other cooking idea in my head ???. Saying that (open and honest) I always (hope i don't forget) post the source of what I am doing.

Right now I am focusing on the "Cooks" line of cook books. I find their videos fun to watch and after more easy to attempt their dish.

I have learned an amazing amount from not only this forum and others and for that I am thankful ;D

CDN
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline pz

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 04:39:33 PM »
As the recipient of such permissions, I just want to say thanks, Mike, for allowing me to record your cooks.  The problem for me is that I have recipes scattered all over the place, and just when I want to cook something, I can't find the danged recipe.  Then when I don't need it, there it is, right in front of me.  ;D

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 12:22:12 AM »
Thanks Chef Mike, you're recipes are first class and we appreciate you sharing them with us.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 08:33:44 AM »
Glad you enjoy them.

Mike
Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)