Author Topic: Why post cooks in general discussion?  (Read 2963 times)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: Why post cooks in general discussion?
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 05:37:22 PM »
Where should I post an invitation to the Cookout with Bremer that we'll have here in Byron, GA?
It's gonna start on Friday, September 30th.  We will be cookin' a whole pig among other things.
Totally free and open to all of you...a great time celebrating the friends of the grill.

Put it in Member Gatherings Jaxon.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Sailor1

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2016, 08:06:50 AM »
Lot of opinions on this so I guess I will add mine.  Personally I think there are way too many topics to start off with and it turns me off.  Topic after topic after topic and my head spins as to which topic do I spend my limited time on reading.  I have limited it down to General Discussion, Humor and Charcuterie.  If a post is not in one of those sections I don't read it.  When I was looking to buy a smoker or other product I did read the so named category and found those post to be so jumble with posts that I could not find the reviews of what I was looking for because of all the posts about cooks on that equipment.  Never did find what I was looking for.  Bottom line is if there is an interesting post in one of the other topics I will never see it cause I don't have the time to open each topic.  More is not better!

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2016, 08:56:14 AM »
If I do a cook and think someone would like the recipe I post it in the food group topic, if it's just a same ole cook I post in the apropriate cooker sect. I use. I don't think it makes much difference if you follow the latest posts at the bottom; they all show up there. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2016, 10:35:11 AM »
If I do a cook and think someone would like the recipe I post it in the food group topic, if it's just a same ole cook I post in the apropriate cooker sect. I use. I don't think it makes much difference if you follow the latest posts at the bottom; they all show up there. Don
[/b]

It may be useful for some to note there are 2 ways to quickly view he forum posts.

1. As Don mentioned - just scroll to the bottom of the page and scan the latest posts to see if something there interests you.

2. You can select ( at the top of the index page) to view all of the posts since your last visit.

We are going to "refine" the number of thread sections and try to make it easier to view - and frankly...to manage ;D. But - because there is nothing on planet Earth that is a one-size-fits-all...it will never be a perfect system for anyone or everyone. It will always just be the best that we can do to make adjustments for the benefit of the membership, and - to not over-burden the Moderators and Admins. in their attempt to keep things in order.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401